Mk 1 Project Zippy - Engine is In! 01/04/17

If you're taking on the task of rebuilding the whole Midas, please put the project in here.

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Mk 1 Project Zippy - Engine is In! 01/04/17

Postby Stuart » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:14 pm

I'm struggling to remember if my car ever had that foam, I don't think it did. I do remember replacing the rubber seal with just a flat rubber ring, not sure what it came off though.
Stuart

Re: Mk 1 Project Zippy - On The Move...

Postby MrBounce » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:50 pm

As there 's an imminent house move in the Bounce household, Zippy needed to go to a "temporary new home" as I really didn't want to juggle all the fun of moving house along with the delights of car/trailer interfacing on the same day. What did I do in this situation? Call on my car-friendly mates, that's what. So Mr T, the Man of the Chair & Plank all popped round with a Volvo and a trailer plus the necessary muscle to get it up the ramps. Typically we'd chosen the worst possible day for all this - it was absolutely chucking it down. All that was needed was the kettle and a tub of Roses to keep everyone happy.

Zippy was easy enough to get out of the garage, down the driveway and on to the ramps, mainly because I currently live on a hill, but also because of the fact that he weighs about the same as a crisp packet with wheels. He was soon up in the trailer and strapped down. Given that the trailer was specifically designed for Mini transportation, and Zippy's that little bit longer, it was a tight squeeze length-wise but all was soon sorted. I will get him back one we've moved in to our new pad.

Out of the soon-to-be-old garage.

Belligerent orange Midas ignores driveway sign in pouring rain.

In the trailer and strapped down. Time for a voyage!

It was a bit tight in there!!

MrBounce

Re: Mk 1 Project Zippy - A New Home

Postby MrBounce » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:02 pm

New house (well bungalow, actually), new garage, new home for Zippy.

MrBounce

Re: Mk 1 Project Zippy - Engine is In! 01/04/17

Postby johno » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Good to see. The garage looks like it's always been there. You must have been a very busy man for the last few weeks.
johno

Previous

Return to Complete Midas rebuild