rear coilover brackets for midas gold

If you're taking on the task of rebuilding the whole Midas, please put the project in here.

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: rear coilover brackets for midas gold

Postby manifold » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:08 pm

No disrespect to those who like cross dressing but theres no way I am putting a skirt on my car. :shock:
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Rich » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 pm

One of the guys over on Turbo Minis has a group buy on Protech dampers/coilovers going, might be worth a look........
Rich

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:01 pm

how do you put photos on
b1zbaz

Postby manifold » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Create an account in Photobucket (www.photobucket.com) and upload pictures there. There is a link function in photobucket which you can click which auto copies it for you. Then you click and paste in your message and your link should appear. It should start in "[url]" and end in "[/url]".
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:58 am

the group buy on turbo minis will they be the same as mine or different
b1zbaz

Postby DavidL » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:29 am

b1zbaz wrote:the group buy on turbo minis will they be the same as mine or different

If they include springs, and they're for fitting to a standard Mini, then the spring rate will probably be too high for a Midas.

(edit) That applies to the rears. Fronts, I think, would be about the same rating.

Someone more up-to-date care to comment?
DavidL

Postby Rich » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:45 pm

faceofdoh wrote:
b1zbaz wrote:the group buy on turbo minis will they be the same as mine or different

If they include springs, and they're for fitting to a standard Mini, then the spring rate will probably be too high for a Midas.

(edit) That applies to the rears. Fronts, I think, would be about the same rating.

Someone more up-to-date care to comment?

You pick the dampers/coil overs from the Protech site, the springs are extra so you use whatever you want.
Rich

Previous

Return to Complete Midas rebuild