a few images of the finished product

If you're taking on the task of rebuilding the whole Midas, please put the project in here.

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: a few images of the finished product

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:05 pm

yeah gonna spray the whole car when i have got a bit more money and time dont know what colour to go for though
b1zbaz

Postby MrBounce » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Like it Baz! You must be pleased to actually be able to drive it!! 8-)
MrBounce

Postby Hans Efde » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 pm

b1zbaz wrote:yeah gonna spray the whole car when i have got a bit more money and time dont know what colour to go for though

If you can find a good paint shop, they could mix paint for you (getting rare, but two-pack is the best) that matches the gelcoat color, so you just buy a half litre or so and you could paint the bumper yourself on a nice dry and wind free day. I did it with my blue Convertible, so I can paint grp edges, mirrors, doorhandles, doorhinges etc. The first time they made a mistake, but I gave the man a piece of my car so he could play with colors to get it right. I have now the perfect matching paint. That would set you back about 25 pounds (provided you have a compressor and a spray gun), painting the whole car would cost a fortune and at first sight the gelcoat seems to be too good for a paint job.
Hans Efde

Postby b1zbaz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:32 am

Had an electrical fire today not sure on the extent of the damage but I'm pretty damn gutted I hope to god I can sort it by the time stoneleigh comes around
b1zbaz

Postby Stuart » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:13 am

Sorry to hear about the fire Baz, here's to hoping it is only you who is gutted and not the car.
Stuart

Postby manifold » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 am

Sorry to hear that Baz. I hope its not melted any GRP.

I nearly had one once....on the very first day I drove the Coupe after passing its MOT after many years off road. Turned out it was a loose spade connection on the brake fluid sensor grounding with the master cylinder...!
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby b1zbaz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:47 pm

mine is on the headlights/heater/radio dont know where to start full beam works but dip is non existant
b1zbaz

Previous

Return to Complete Midas rebuild