Richard Brabbins Midas BHF 321X

If you're taking on the task of rebuilding the whole Midas, please put the project in here.

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Richard Brabbins Midas BHF 321X

Postby Ryanpowe2587 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi Guys

Thought id set up a thread for my Midas, at the moment its officially off the road at a friends garage.

only things I've done so far with the help of the garage owner and my brother, is re-fit parts that were off and chase some electrical gremlins.

Short term plan is to get it back on the road ready for local show season, once its at that point I can work on it on the drive way slowly building it back up to its former glory.

next on the list should be pretty simple, replace the flasher unit for the hazards, and replace the wiper mechanism. Then I need to check simple things like ball joints before handing it over to my friend to set her up and put her through the MOT.

pics to follow

also guys, just wondering what seats and brackets people tend to run in their mk1's?
Ryanpowe2587

Re: Richard Brabbins Midas BHF 321X

Postby goldeneye » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:29 am

Show us the pictures! :)

I got a mark II, and i use MX5 seats, but they aren't giving any head clearance...
Midas Mk II
goldeneye

Postby fozzza » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:13 pm

I fitted a pair of Corbeau reclining seats in my mk 2, it was a while back though but I think you can still get similar ones and fit quite nicely but I did have to modify the seat runners so the seat was close to the carpet as goldeneye has pointed out head room is a bit limited. Harolds demonstater and some owners had part of the floor cut out and lowered to gain more headroom.
As for the door cards and such like its best to contact Allister Courtney as these sorts of parts can be difficicult to get hold of and may need to make your own.
Roy
fozzza

Postby Ryanpowe2587 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:15 pm

sorry chaps, I was working on her today but it started chucking it down before I could get pics. ill get some in a few days as I need to come home right after work tomorrow for the plumber.

so what did I do today then?

well, I replaced the flasher unit and now the hazards don't work at all, never mind wrong. I must have knocked some wires while my fat hands were reaching through the dash. that being said, the indicators stopped working too, I may have just blown a fuse.

I also replaced the wiper motor, unfortunately this didn't really work either. when I put the wipers on they don't move, and when I physically move them I can hear the motor kicking in. so, I reckon the internal worm wheel/rack and pinion system is sticking somewhere. good job I ordered the bits to pretty much replace the whole system.

in a few days time ill hopefully get the opportunity to sort that
Ryanpowe2587

Return to Complete Midas rebuild