Swedish Midas Gold.

If you're taking on the task of rebuilding the whole Midas, please put the project in here.

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Swedish Midas Gold.

Postby EXCEL,PATRIK. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:42 am

Hello everyone.
Now I have finally done some work on my Midas.
Looking for what could be wrong with my engine, low oil pressure.
Found that the return valve was not correct, and some other things that needed to be fixed. Service, and replacement of cambelt, I have cambelt in my engine. Did the work through wheelhouse. Oil cooler is moved, now sitting on top of the radiator. Help a little bit on the temperature. Previously I had about 120 degrees celsius on the oil, now it's 100+.
The battery is moved beside the spare wheel. New seats from an Alfa Romeo 147. Pretty much job with the seats to make them fit in the car.
The Swedish counterpart to MOT went well, two attempts. The first time I got a remark on the rear brakes. The hand brake mechanism was slow and did not return. Now it's fixed and the car is approved for two years to come. Cars older than 30 years have two years at MOT in Sweden. Newer is it every year.
Still, there is a lot to do before the car is the way I want it. But now I can drive at least.
I found a stainless steel mesh as I put the air intake in the front. Looks good, I think.

( Having trouble adding pictures, sitting at work now. Trying from home later. )

Patrik.
EXCEL,PATRIK.

Re: Swedish Midas Gold.

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Sounds interesting Patrick. Concerning pics, with Photobucket gone now I am using Google pics. If you have a google account, you also have a photo dir. (make them public when you share them). I have uploaded my pics to a number of Google dir's I created and use rh mouse button (copy image location). Then use the IMG tag on the forum and paste the image location between the brackets. Only problem is that Google uses enormous long links, but with copy/paste that's not an issue.
Hans Efde

Return to Complete Midas rebuild