Midas Gold Convertible

If you're taking on the task of rebuilding the whole Midas, please put the project in here.

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Midas Gold Convertible

Postby manifold » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:41 am

Great read there Rich.

I only just realised what you meant.... sneaking along with your updates I missed :)

Reminds me of when I rebuilt the Coupe.

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Rich » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Thanks, it's coming on bit by bit and it feels like I'm on the home straight now. The last 'big' things to do are sort out the MegaJolt system and refit the interior once all the wires are sorted out, oh and the screen of course!

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby Geoff Butcher » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Rich, I've just posted my megajolt map on the Autosportlabs forum.
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Rich » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Geoff Butcher wrote:Rich, I've just posted my megajolt map on the Autosportlabs forum.

Ah ha! That's you is it? I'd wondered if you were on here too. I've already downloaded yours from an earlier posting you made, the three I've got are all quite different.

I've got a decent rolling road just down the road from me so once funds allow I should have a map that fully suits my engine. How are you finding the system on your car?

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby manifold » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:27 pm

hi rich i hate to be a killjoy, but i wouldnt want to run an engine with the dizzy drive spindle bits floating around. better spend a few pence on a set of bottom end gaskets now and a bit of time.....

its a main point to know for anyone going down the megajolt route to remove the spindle.

its not needed and adds to drag on the engine.

hope you get it sorted. i feel your pain.

cheers

david

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Geoff Butcher » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Rich, mine runs very well, although there are some bins on the right hand side I've yet to explore! It's a slightly altered version of one from a chap called ken555 who has a GTM.
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Rich » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:33 pm

manifold wrote:hi rich i hate to be a killjoy, but i wouldnt want to run an engine with the dizzy drive spindle bits floating around. better spend a few pence on a set of bottom end gaskets now and a bit of time.....

its a main point to know for anyone going down the megajolt route to remove the spindle.

its not needed and adds to drag on the engine.

hope you get it sorted. i feel your pain.

cheers

david

Hi David,

I know what you mean, if I don't get all the missing bit out with the oil I'm going to have to pull it apart. I've seen some people report leaving the spindle in place so they can drop the dizzy back in if there were any problems. I suspect they also left the dizzy in place at the same time :roll:

Ho hum, I won't do that again. :?
Rich

Postby Geoff Butcher » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:31 pm

I suspect they also left the dizzy in place at the same time :roll:

Mine's still there. My excuse is that I know where it is if ever need it!
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Rich » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Just a quick bump for the thread because I can virtually smell the MOT certificate.
Rich

Postby manifold » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:22 pm

Im glad its all up and running for you Rich.

May I hope you have many hours of happy trouble free motoring.

I converted my setup to hydraulic clutch as I run the more preferable pre-verto flywheel. This means I can run ultra light flywheel and backplate (all costs money though), and have an unlimited supply of clutch hydraulic master cylinders as the mini uses the same one. Best idea is to convert to the mini master cylinder and associated mini slave cylinder too. Less reliant on metro bits then which are getting scarcer by the day, looking at Ebay.

Kind regards,

David

manifold

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Midas rebuild