Current state of play,

Maybe you're squeezing all you can out of a 998, or going large-bore with a 1380 (or even larger!) - either way, let us know all about it here!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Current state of play,

Postby lankyjames » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:03 am

Well it's been a while since i've been on here...been busy trying to get a job but to no avail...fortunately with all the time off its given me the ability to carry on with my midas.

I stated a long while back i was having an engine rebuilt and well, here it is;

Just waiting to be put back in.

While I was waiting, i've tackled some other parts on the car, namely cutting out the old radio and putting in a din slot for my radio /'cd player;

Wiring up an amplifier to power the boxed 6x9's in the boot and the 13cm speakers just behind the front seats;

I'm in the process of making a new engine steady mounting plate, and swapping the ball joints over, mounting and wiring some dials, amongst other things!
lankyjames

Re: Current state of play,

Postby lankyjames » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Had a little issue with the end float, it was 20thou when the tolerance is 3-6, turns out i had worn c clip and primary gear, all sorted now.

Dropped the engine in on tuesday of this week and struggled terribly to get the engine steadies down enough to bolt up, but finally managed it.
Everything since has gone pretty well, i have all the ancilleries on, the exhaust carb etc, really just missing some coolant, oil and fuel!
ImageImageImage
lankyjames

Postby ACourtney » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Good progress :D . Let us know when its running.

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby lankyjames » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Exhausts on, and the car runs :D Just no gear selection yet as i can't get the clutch to disengage :( ( worn ball on the clutch throw arm! New one arrives tomorrow!

Here's some exhaust pictures to wet your appetite though;
ImageImageImage
lankyjames

Return to A series engined projects