7 port headed A series engine in a Mk3 Coupe

Maybe you're squeezing all you can out of a 998, or going large-bore with a 1380 (or even larger!) - either way, let us know all about it here!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: 7 port headed A series engine in a Mk3 Coupe

Postby Dewsnap Mk1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:34 am

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but im really interested in a 7port for my next stage with my Mini.

Im in two minds whether to keep my 1275 (well borrowing it from my Dads Midas) with 266cam and getting a US alloy 7port, with webbers and the new mappable aldon dizzy.
Manifold, do you have a link to where you got your US head from? :)

I love the sc head, but with ecu and TB's, 3k is rather steep for myself, considering im a student. :P
I really fancy the simplistic option of a 7port with webbers, but I can't decide whether to just build a 5port 1430, my budget being 2k for everything.
:)
Dewsnap Mk1

Re: 7 port headed A series engine in a Mk3 Coupe

Postby manifold » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:58 am

Best place to go is the manufacturer...which is Pierce Manifolds:

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/product_p/99003.849.htm

This is where all those other suppliers like MED etc get them from. Half the price of the Minisport Cast Iron head and obviously a lot more repairable if the worst happens.

Very nice to deal with too and the shipping was quite cheap if I remember rightly.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Previous

Return to A series engined projects