AVONBAR

Maybe you're squeezing all you can out of a 998, or going large-bore with a 1380 (or even larger!) - either way, let us know all about it here!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: AVONBAR

Postby axshack » Thu May 19, 2016 1:00 pm

yes, still running the engine in.

Took the weber off today, replaced the HIF44....still need to sort the mixtures out, but have a new, richer needle in now, so hopefully that will fix it leaning out.

So going to finish the running in with the SU then go to a rolling road and fit the weber. Well that is the plan, we will see if it comes to fruition !! :)
axshack

Postby kelvink » Thu May 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Given where you are located in the country why not go along to DEWS sometime and have a chat there, or indeed speak to Adrian Dodds who gave a superb talk at the MOC Pitch last year at Stoneleigh on tuning the A Series

http://www.bjautobits.co.uk/dews.htm
kelvink

Postby axshack » Thu May 19, 2016 1:54 pm

thanks Kelvink, will do

I can report that the SU is running ok, and the richer needle seems to have cured the leaning out problem under load.

Meanwhile, going to get the weber surveyed, as I think that there is a problem with one of the barrels.

D
axshack

Postby Hans Efde » Thu May 19, 2016 6:24 pm

Maybe it's possible to fit a Lambda probe kit. Almost all new exhausts have plugs you can take out and install a Lambda probe in. With a dial in the cockpit you can see how the engine is running. Saves a lot of guessing. I paid around 200 euro for my kit and made it possible grinding a needle specific for my engine.
Hans Efde

Previous

Return to A series engined projects