Rover K Series

If you're changing the engine in your Midas for something different we want to read about it. Every possible conversion and more can be found in here...

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Rover K Series

Postby johnnyfixit » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:13 am

more PHOTOS please thats what helps??
johnnyfixit

Postby Stuart » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:30 am

All my old photos are stuck on a hard-drive that doesn't want to run

posts on this thread have some photos http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/mes ... .1&maxT=18
Stuart

Postby markhope39 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks for the help guys.

That's helped me finalise my plans. K series is the definitely the way especially with the weight saving and better weight distribution. Watsons are going to do the subframe work.
And while that's going on I'm joining the K Series power race. No more than 180 will be fine. ;)
markhope39

Postby Alan D. » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:30 pm

Hello Mark,

Think carefully about the Watsons subframe as it is not a direct fit! The way to make it work would be to shorten the K series subframe at its front end, then make a new front bar and new front subframe mountings. I would ask Watsons the question. "Do you know it is to be fitted into an A-series car?" I've spent along time researching this and K into A is not straight forward! Look on Hans's old forum under photos and check out the K-series section. It can be done, but do some more research before giving Mr Watson some big "bucks"! You will need to move the headlights! Do not let me dampen your enthusiasm, keep the idea going and you will achieve success!
I've tried to fit two different Vauxhall engines and a Suzuki Swift GTI. I've also made two subframes, the engines will go in, but only by moving the headlights.
I've now decided to try K-series!

Have a read of this thread, which is a similar build in a Mini. There would be a few differences in an A-series Metro Midas!

http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6478

Alan
Alan D.

Previous

Return to Engine conversions