stans fiorano spyder

Do you have any other cars? Maybe you're building a new garage? Anything that doesn't fit into the categories above - feel free to put it in here!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

stans fiorano spyder

Postby stan1396 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:26 pm

I have spent the last 18mths building my spyder from a spitfire donor and have nearly got it to MOT ready.I have just swapped a leaky back brake cylinder and have got the other one to do as a pair.I had wondered why the brakes wouldnt hold pressure.trouble is,its so bloody cold in the garage,that I cant get it finished.up to date,it has cost me about £4,600,but it does look fantastic!I just hope we have a good summer to drive round in it as it is like a 4 wheeled motorbike,no doors,no roof and at this time-no heater!the kit was fairly straightforward to build as it is just a re-body job.once it is through the MOT,I will probably put coil springs on the back instead of the cart spring it has at present.I have heard that improves the handling.next time it is out of the garage,I will take some pics and upload them.I first came across them at Stoneleigh and just loved them,sadly to say-even more than my Midas!Still,I may get another Midas one day once I retire and get bored.Stan Armstrong.
Attachments
DSC00550.JPG
moffat classic car run with alan donohoe
DSC00550.JPG (367.25 KiB) Viewed 10780 times
Last edited by stan1396 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stan1396

Re: stans fiorano spyder

Postby manifold » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:13 am

Bang some pics up Stan.

Pretty car. Would be great to see some.

My wife liked watching The Real Italian Job: James Martin's Mille Miglia (unsuccessful as he was mind you) in a 1948 Mazerati and these cars remind me very much of that era. I hope its going to be ferrari/alfa red! :)

http://www.jamesmartinchef.co.uk/pcc.asp?xpath=/community&xpathid=PIC452009&lang=eng
http://www.classicrallies.com/blog/index.php?/archives/1314-Celibrity-ched-James-Martin-in-his-Maserati-A6GCS-at-the-Mille-Miglia-2008.html
http://flickr.com/photos/94957089@N00/sets/72157606055965161/

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby johnonthetyne » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:29 am

did anyone read about this. thought it may have been in the back of alans garage !!!!!!!!!!!
johnonthetyne

Postby Alan D. » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi All,

Just thought that you might be interested in a photo of a car similar to Stan's Spyder. I've also managed to find a photo of the original Ferrari that the Corsa Spyder kit was loosely based upon! I also watched that program on the television on the "Mille Miglia". What an adventure that was, well it got me thinking! Why not have a "Midas Miglia" and have a trip to classic Le Mans in 2010. That should give us plenty of time to get our cars finished. ( Mental note: I must have a fifth gear for that distance)

The "Club" have already been talking to the Mini Marcos Club about banding together and going in convoy. Surely we must be able to put together ten Midas cars! We do now have Classic Car status, some of our cars could thirty years old by then. I don't think that it would cost £850000 as the gentleman paid the other night on the television! It would also give us a chance to meet up with some of our continental cousins.

Now that's motoring!

Alan
Attachments
Ferrari-166-Spyder-Corsa_11-1[1].jpg
The real deal
Ferrari-166-Spyder-Corsa_11-1[1].jpg (134.9 KiB) Viewed 10939 times
1138733749-spydercorsa21-1[1].jpg
a kit car recreation
1138733749-spydercorsa21-1[1].jpg (50.44 KiB) Viewed 10939 times
Alan D.

Return to Alternative projects