http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... /107827114
Hans Efde

Red gold convertible in Belfast

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:09 pm

With Ferrari badges on lol
b1zbaz

Re: Red gold convertible in Belfast

Postby Geoff Butcher » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:50 pm

The owner looks like a suspicious character. Is he on his way to a bank job?
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 pm

You know for a fact he is gonna come on here and see this thread and hate us now although the other day I was driving through Manchester city centre in the Midas behind a Ferrari and I got more looks than the Ferrari
b1zbaz

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 pm

In case you were wondering it was a white 430
b1zbaz

Postby Hans Efde » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:28 am

b1zbaz wrote:You know for a fact he is gonna come on here and see this thread and hate us now although the other day I was driving through Manchester city centre in the Midas behind a Ferrari and I got more looks than the Ferrari

Ha ha that's funny. But it's understandable. On the Cool wall Ferrari's and any other supercars are seriously uncool by nature because most people look like assholes in them (rule nr. 2: http://topgear.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cool_Wall). But I would expect a Midas to be in the cool section because it's a huggable car and people really like it which make you a nice chap automatically. Recently I saw a discussion on Pistonheads where someone wanted to have a Gold coupe but he thought it was out of production (it won't pass the SVA anymore so in fact it is not possible to get an new one licensed).
Hans Efde

Postby ACourtney » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Hans,

It would only fail the IVA on a couple of items, like the "sharp" edges of the door frames, so it would be possible to build a new one. I have had a few enquiries for new kits, but these have all turned into purchases of existing cars, including the Gold Coupe that we are currently rebuilding for Desmond Gorman. I will post up some pictures of this car soon as the bodyshell has now returned from the paint shop.

Regards,

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby Hans Efde » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi Alistair,
That's good news. I read somewhere on this forum that also the eyelids on the lights were too sharp and there was a problem with an edge on the front bumper. If only the frames on the doors are the problem, that could be sorted. By the way, Citroen just launched another interesting mini engine, so plenty of choice for future powerplant choices.
Hans Efde

Postby b1zbaz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 pm

If I had the funds I can guarantee getting a gold through sva test with the help of my dad grandad and Derrick softley I know a tester very well and he told me when I bought mine he can help me get it through with ease
b1zbaz

Return to For sale