Front and rear subframes

Sell your old and unwanted parts here

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Front and rear subframes

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Evening all I have a contact who can supply front and rear subframes used but in good shape I'm getting a front one next week with hydragas spheres still fitted for 50 quid he has 3 of each in stock but gets new stock weekly I'm not sure of you think they are cheap but at least we know we can get some if anybody wants either front or rear let me know so I can pick them up and sort out meeting up on my journeys too and from London and even stoneleigh thanks a lot
b1zbaz

Re: Front and rear subframes

Postby DavidL » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:15 pm

I've just managed to get a rear subframe in excellent condition - and the radius arms are present and have just had new bearings and pins - and the spheres look in pretty good condition too. Cost me £80 - I was worried that my currently fitted rear subframe looks ready to collapse into a heap of rust if I look at it too hard.

I could definitely do with another Metro front subframe though, are they all £50? If so I'll take one.

Do they have any of the suspension arms still fitted?
DavidL

Front and rear subframes

Postby b1zbaz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 am

Yes they come complete with top and bottom arms
b1zbaz

Front and rear subframes

Postby b1zbaz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:12 pm

The rears are 65 complete
b1zbaz

Postby DavidL » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 pm

I don't need another rear subframe now, but (assuming these are Austin/A series Metro subframes, and not the Rover/K series engine) I'll definitely take one front subframe. How do you want paying, and can you hang onto it for a couple of months? If you can't I'll try and sort something out.
DavidL

Front and rear subframes

Postby b1zbaz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Yes they are austin metro subframes what I will do is hold out for a while to see if anybody else wants any because he said he will knock ten pounds of each frame if I buy a few at a time plus I'm gonna pick them which will save delivery fees and yes I can hold onto it for you I'm gonna buy a spare for mine so that's two orders I don't know how I want paying I have not thought that far ahead I will let you know when I'm going to make the journey and we will sort something out then of that's ok I'm working in London soon so depending on how well I'm paid I might snap them all up for spare for everybody if there is demand for them
b1zbaz

Front and rear subframes

Postby b1zbaz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 pm

I might get one of each and totally refurb them so they are like new and just stick them in my loft
b1zbaz

Front and rear subframes

Postby b1zbaz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:26 pm

I have a full tin of waxoyl so I can do yours whilst I'm doing mine if you want too
b1zbaz

Postby DavidL » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:33 am

b1zbaz wrote:I have a full tin of waxoyl so I can do yours whilst I'm doing mine if you want too

Appreciate that offer but I'm thinking of a conversion to steel springs, which will mean welding, so probably not a good idea! But if they're going to be even cheaper then I'm tempted to ask for two. I'll have to think carefully about that, my idea is to have one to try some other engine in as discussed in other threads (Vauxhall, Suzuki, etc.).
Another question; do they still have the mounts fitted - both the subframe-to-engine mounts and the subframe-to-body mounts? What about the steering racks, since they're attached to the subframe?
DavidL

Front and rear subframes

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 pm

How much work is it to do the steel springs I would be interested in doing that myself as springs front and rear must feel better than hydragas front coil overs rear
b1zbaz

Next

Return to For sale