Mk 3 Convertible for sale

Sell your old and unwanted parts here

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Mk 3 Convertible for sale

Postby Alan D. » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:15 pm

ilmung wrote:Hi
sorry as I am not informed from the site I did not see your answer ,sorry for the delay !
What would be your sellingprice and what are the + and - points of this car .
Very important for me is how the papers are made , I mean what is staying just on the papers , in any case should stay as mark Midas .
kind regards
Geert

Hello again Geert,

The selling price and the + and - points of the car are all detailed in the advert above.

The car is correctly registered as a " Midas Gold Convertible".
Year of manufacture 1987.

If you click on the "PM" button on this page, you can send me a private message and then I can give you my personnel email address and phone number if you wish. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Hello Everyone,

The above car is now sold. Thanks to the other people who expressed interest in the car.
The car is to be sold to Geert and will be exported to Belgium in February.

Hans,
I've asked Geert to contact you as he was planning to fit a turbo engine in the car and I related your experiences with the Turbo engines unreliability. So there is now going to be another Midas in Europe.

Thanks to all who have taken time to read the above posts.

Now I just need to build another Midas!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby midasnut » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:24 pm

The northern group is getting much smaller. Hope you get one of the many projects sorted over the winter, Moffat won't be the same without a good selections of Midas cars.
midasnut

Postby Alan D. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:12 am

midasnut wrote:The northern group is getting much smaller. Hope you get one of the many projects sorted over the winter, Moffat won't be the same without a good selections of Midas cars.

Thanks David,
I'm just trying to make space, Hopefully a modern engine Midas will transpire.

I've just been appointed Midas club co-coordinator for the North East, So I'd better find some more Midas owners to come out and play, but past owners will always be welcome at whatever events happen.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby DavidL » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:50 am

Hope you don't mind the thread hijack Alan, but since your car's been sold I thought it safe to post here - if inappropriate then I apologise, but -

- have you had any more interest in your extended stub axles for the rear? I could really do with a pair! ;)
DavidL

Postby Alan D. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:51 pm

DavidL wrote:Hope you don't mind the thread hijack Alan, but since your car's been sold I thought it safe to post here - if inappropriate then I apologise, but -

- have you had any more interest in your extended stub axles for the rear? I could really do with a pair! ;)

Not a problem David, happy to help at anytime.

The challenge in making the stub axles is quantity, if we could order five or ten pairs, then we may get a decent price. The trouble with working with steel is that you have to buy a six or seven meter length. So to make one pair would be expensive. I have another solution to the problem in hand at the moment. I should be in production in the new year.

At the moment I'm knocking three garages together to make an assembly shop. So I will have my existing workshop to weld cut and grind in, a dirty workshop and a clean assembly shop to build cars in. I've knocked down the walls and filled skips. I'm now doing the electrics, hoping it's going to be finished before Christmas.

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Postby DavidL » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Alan D. wrote:
DavidL wrote:Hope you don't mind the thread hijack Alan, but since your car's been sold I thought it safe to post here - if inappropriate then I apologise, but -

Not a problem David, happy to help at anytime.

The challenge in making the stub axles is quantity, if we could order five or ten pairs, then we may get a decent price. The trouble with working with steel is that you have to buy a six or seven meter length. So to make one pair would be expensive. I have another solution to the problem in hand at the moment. I should be in production in the new year.

At the moment I'm knocking three garages together to make an assembly shop. So I will have my existing workshop to weld cut and grind in, a dirty workshop and a clean assembly shop to build cars in. I've knocked down the walls and filled skips. I'm now doing the electrics, hoping it's going to be finished before Christmas.

Regards Alan

Having seen your existing setup, Alan, that sounds like a good move. I'd love to see it once it's done, but have a feeling it will make me extremely jealous!
DavidL

Postby miniswift » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi,

So Alan has more or less sold his toy.
I think we should start new thread with modern engine soon.
Dave will be MOT inspector by Jan '14 so we should take advantage and make more modern Midases!
We should start with your 3 Midases and mine!
G10, G13B, K-series, Honda and Vauxhall.... what next old man!?

Cheers
Atchi
miniswift

Postby wolfie » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm sure you could get atleast 10 people to do a group purchase of stub axles. The brackets I've made do the job but look like an after thought. I'd like a much simpler solution like yours. As for engines I haven't found anything yet where the drives shafts would line up without extending the front end and I'm too lazy for that
wolfie

Postby DavidL » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:08 pm

wolfie wrote:I'm sure you could get atleast 10 people to do a group purchase of stub axles. The brackets I've made do the job but look like an after thought. I'd like a much simpler solution like yours. As for engines I haven't found anything yet where the drives shafts would line up without extending the front end and I'm too lazy for that

Got any photos of your brackets? Always open to new ideas...
DavidL

PreviousNext

Return to For sale