Sell your old and unwanted parts here

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Midas Gold convertible

Postby b1zbaz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:21 am

Have you a price in mind yet I'm interested
b1zbaz

Postby Techy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:24 pm

I honestly have no Idea what shes worth, however for continuities sake i'l hedge my bets and say £800 starting accepting offers.
Techy

Postby b1zbaz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:31 pm

How long has it been stood and when was the mot failure
b1zbaz

Postby Techy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Mot failure was January 2007 same date the carburetor was fitted, ran her regularly until 2010 so shes been sitting 4/5 years.
Techy

Postby b1zbaz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:57 pm

what rear suspension is it running coilovers or hydragas
b1zbaz

Postby Techy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Coil
Techy

Postby Techy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:42 pm

Midas will be going up on ebay on the 22nd at midday. Will post a link once it has gone live.
Techy

Postby Techy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:41 am

A little extra information copy pasted from a reply to a pm.

The vehicle was acquired by me 10/04/2004 from a gentleman in Perth with the K-series installed, I'm afraid I've never been able to find out who did the conversion or when and why and the Midas owners club was never particularly responsive with me when I tried to join and inquire; but whoever it was did a fairly poor job as the engine was severely twisted in its mountings; hence the refit with the new sub frames.

Date of build and first registration is 18/10/1994

The vehicle has been stored on the drive, and covered for some of that time but not the majority however she is water tight so the only thing that has gotten to the interior is the odd spider and adventurous snail.

The soft top is intact with no tears.

The hard top was in good condition when i last used it but i was never a fan of it so it has been in the shed for the most part. By 'rhomb covers' i'm assuming you mean on the sides? Those came with the vehicle as it doesn't have the vents that were supposed to be there, they are effectively little plastic/rubber covers bolted on with sealant around the sides, and the main reason I wasn't a fan of it.

Vehicle is in my name with registration certificate and has had 7 former keepers, comes with the build manual, a few extra diagrams of electrical system layouts, and assortment of mot certificates and garage receipts(including the last mot failure report) and a Haynes service and repair manual for the engine.
Techy

Postby axshack » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:41 am

Hi, did this car ever get sold, or is it still available?

If it is, I am very interested indeed !!

Dave
axshack

Postby Techy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:10 pm

The midas will be up on ebay tomorrow mid day. i'l post the link once it is live however there are a few updates below.

The electrics are a mixed bag,

Battery is knackered, will only start with a jump.

Headlights and side lights work fine but the indicators do not.

The windscreen wipers are jammed but twitch a bit when I turn them on so the motor may still be good.

dashboard all works, apart from the fuel gauge, that reads upside down for some reason.

front engine fan runs when needed and the indoor heater fan works but sounds like it has a few leaves in it.

Mechanics are a better than I expected, everything is a little stiff but in working order,

The engine is now running fairly smoothly and I am happy to report she is now drive-able. Shes a little sluggish and rattly at times and certainly not road worthy but shes still good fun.

Hand-break and foot break are fine and the tires appear to be holding pressure etc.

I'l chuck a few more pictures up on the thread later today as I have a few errands to run.
Techy

PreviousNext

Return to For sale