Gold Converible bodyshell on Ebay

Postby AllanH » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Just noticed this : Ends 23 June ;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midas-gold-ki ... 3ce316fcfa
Allan
AllanH

Re: Gold Converible bodyshell on Ebay

Postby Hans Efde » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:03 pm

Where did they store this? It looks like it has been on the bottom of the sea. What a waste of money considering it could have looked like mine. Not too many blue ones around so a rare color or what's left of it.
Hans Efde

Postby Mtrike » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Useful for me as a newbie to see some of the construction of the shell.
Mtrike

Postby Hans Efde » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:45 am

Mtrike wrote:Useful for me as a newbie to see some of the construction of the shell.

That's easy, it's just a boat with indents for the wheels.
Hans Efde

Postby DavidL » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Ah, Mr Bond, I've been expecting you... ;-)
DavidL

Postby DavidL » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:01 am

If I'd been closer, or if I had a decent trailer, I'd have been bidding on that. Someone's got a cheap kit there (not to mention a lot of work)
DavidL

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:44 am

DavidL wrote:If I'd been closer, or if I had a decent trailer, I'd have been bidding on that. Someone's got a cheap kit there (not to mention a lot of work)

Cheap kit, but lot of money to get a decent car on the road. Probably needs a paintjob as well.
Hans Efde

Postby kelvink » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:08 pm

having got myself two restoration midas projects i'd say this was a bargain. OK you have to put a bit of work into building it but hey that's what kit cars are about.

I'm taking two approaches with the midas i have....
one i am riping apart and rebuilding afresh straight away. so it's effectively a kit as from the manufacturers only a bit shop soiled so to speak but with all the parts included already and with a registration already done.
the other I'm going to run a while so i can see what needs replacing and then I'll tare it apart and rebuild it.

each of them i will put my own personal stamp on which again is in my opinion all part of what kits are about.

if people were more positive and happy to put a bit of effort into things then a car like this one would have had more bidders chasing it. it seems that there's fewer people around like this these days and consequently there's some bargains to be had. These can make very nice cars and given the price of modern sports cars these days nice tidy examples should fetch good prices. They will outlast any modern tin box and if you were to put a good engine in them they should go every bit as well or better than cars well into the five figure mark.

The cheapest kits out there these days are the likes of MEV and this has all of what's included in that kind of kit and some, for a mere fraction of the price.

'Should have, would have, could have,' didn't get anyone anywhere. Snooze you lose. Someone did indeed get themselves an excellent value for money project. Well done that man I say! I've already got two :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 Using ForumTouch for Android
kelvink

Postby manifold » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:58 pm

i think the problem these days is that we are a dying breed. Today most people open the bonnet up of a modern car, look at all the plastic and wires and close it up and give it to the experts. They don't even bother to have a go. To think they would dream of re-bodying it in a kit car or go though an SVA/IVA probably makes them run away with fear.

In relative terms, I suppose cars are a lot cheaper than they used to be too. Less of an incentive to go and build something different I guess.

Oh well, more fun for us ;). Plenty of bargains to be had for those that fancy a challenge.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to For sale