Midas Gold Coupe for sale

Sell your old and unwanted parts here

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas Gold Coupe for sale

Postby danhoward01 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi all,

I am going to list our Midas on eBay in a few days but wanted to put it on here first. Two seats aren't enough for our family now so it isn't getting the use it should and we'd like it to go to a good home.

Midas Gold Coupe Mk3, built in July 1989 as a complete kit from the factory in Corby using all new parts, including engine and gearbox. It has a 1275cc A series engine. This car was used as an everyday car up until two years ago. The MOT has since expired and the car has done just 177 miles since the last MOT. The car is in a driveable condition and comes complete with all old MOT certificates since new, original factory build manual, adverts and articles from the time it was sold, Midas Owners Club magazines and many bills and invoices. The Pioneer CD stereo has iPod/iPhone connection. It starts fine and sounds great. The only noticeable bad bit is there is some slight cracking/crazing of the gelcoat on the front bumper which can be seen in the photo. The picture was taken just after I cleaned the car and so the gelcoat is looking a bit shinier than normal - the bonnet is slightly faded. I have a lot more photos which are available on request.

My friend owned it from new until we bought it from him in 2003, so it has had just one previous owner since new. It has mainly been kept in a garage. This is a rare opportunity to buy an excellent example of a great British kit car.

We are based near Stourbridge, West Midlands. Please contact me for further details and photos.
Attachments
1.JPG
Midas
1.JPG (69.64 KiB) Viewed 11477 times
Last edited by danhoward01 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
danhoward01

Re: Midas Gold Coupe for sale

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:07 am

wow that looks like a stunner!
Hans Efde

Postby danhoward01 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:46 am

Thanks Hans! It was in the Owners Club magazine once as we used it as our wedding car, definitely a great car for that.
To add to the above, I forgot to include the mileage which is 77,950.
danhoward01

Postby kelvink » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:54 pm

Wow I wish mine looked like that its the same colour under all the grime. Why not come along to the Kit Cars Show at Stoneleigh on Sunday/Monday as there will be lots of potential buyes wandering round the show. Park it up on the Club Pitch and I'm sure you'll get some interest. I'd love it but I've got too many now as I've got another one recently to go racing in :-)
kelvink

Postby danhoward01 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:12 pm

That's such a good idea about coming to Stoneleigh at the weekend but unfortunately we can't make that. It would have been great to park it up with other Midases!
danhoward01

Postby wolfie » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:19 pm

How much are you looking for Dan?
wolfie

Postby danhoward01 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:15 pm

One sold on eBay around three weeks ago for just over £1k (item 221727258952) and there is currently a Bronze listed with four days to go with a current price of just over £1k (item 321738018394). Given ours is in substantially better condition I'm looking for around £1500 - but very much open to discussion as the main thing is it goes to a good home.
danhoward01

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Damn, 1500 looks like a fine price for such a nice car. Wish I had the place and money. Although I love my convertible, the coupe is a truly iconic car. Still don't understand why the ugly Mini Marcosses fetch so much money while Midas prices are so ridiculously low.
Hans Efde

Postby axshack » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:25 pm

kelvink wrote:Wow I wish mine looked like that its the same colour under all the grime. Why not come along to the Kit Cars Show at Stoneleigh on Sunday/Monday as there will be lots of potential buyes wandering round the show. Park it up on the Club Pitch and I'm sure you'll get some interest. I'd love it but I've got too many now as I've got another one recently to go racing in :-)

I did this with my previous Gold....and sold it to a chap who lived only 3 miles from me !!! go figure !! :roll:
axshack

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:36 am

Can you by any chance hold on putting it on eBay whilst I try to sort some funds out
b1zbaz

Next

Return to For sale