Midas Bronze 1985 for sale

Sell your old and unwanted parts here

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas Bronze 1985 for sale

Postby geoffprobert » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:06 am

005 (640x426).jpg
005 (640x426).jpg (190.06 KiB) Viewed 11443 times
I bought the car in 2013 from a current MOC member, so some of you may know it already. I believe it got second in class at an event. I bought the car with the intention of working on it, even though it was in very good order. My engineering skills are limited and I learned a lot about Minis and metalwork by working on the car during the winter months with an engineer friend. We replaced many parts that did not need replacing with new, largely genuine parts. These are minor jobs to finish(ie new handbrake and gear stick gaiters with chrome trim). I will try to get them done before sale. There are spares as well, including 5x Jupiter 12" wheels with good tyres. MOT in May 2015, passed with no advisories.

Improvements since 2013. All brand new parts.

Revolution 5J 12" wheels + tyres
All rocker switches and mount
Indicator and wiper switches
All new brake parts (drums, discs, wheel cylinders, hubs, studs + ancillaries).
CD/radio + Fly speakers.
Complete new wiper assembly - motor, linkages, wheel boxes, chrome arms.
Steering wheel, chrome mirrors, locks, bonnet catches, choke and throttle cables, heater valve, thermostat, water pump, dash pot covers, performance air and crank case filter,new genuine BMW Mini carpeting.
Stainless steel silencer and exhaust
Battery
MG Metro radiator.
2.2kw heater/demister

and many parts too many to list..

The original car has an MG Metro 1300 A Series engine with a roller tip camshaft, HIF44 carb and Megajolt electronic ignition. The car drives and handles very well. There is the usual minor cosmetic damage to the GRP, but excellent considering the car's age. The car probably attracts as much attention as my Sylva Vectis.

The current insurance value is ££3500 (with Flux). I have spent well over £3000 on improvements alone, with receipts.

I am asking £3000 ono.
Attachments
260 (640x426).jpg
260 (640x426).jpg (239.17 KiB) Viewed 11345 times
Last edited by geoffprobert on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
geoffprobert

Re: Midas Bronze 1985 for sale

Postby Stuart » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:20 am

What a great car, and at a bargain price for anyone wanting the best Midas model.
The carpets sound interesting, do you have any interior photos or details please?
Stuart

Postby geoffprobert » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the very helpful comments. The carpets were from surplus BMW stock for their Mini. It's thick and nice quality. Behind the seats, the boot area has been boxed off with MDF to tidy up the curved GRP bodywork.From what I remember, I have a spare roll of it the new owner can have (cost £30) There is a hinged battery/toolkit storage box built into it, accessed through a hinged lid The interior is black/red, with red trim, wheel arches, speaker mounts, gaiters. The roof needs spraying to match. I'm a bit pushed for time, but I'll get some recent photos and post shortly. Thanks again for your interest.
geoffprobert

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:16 pm

Amazing looking car. Should find a good home soon.
Hans Efde

Postby kelvink » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:24 pm

That's a very tidy looking Bronze.

Any more photos?

By the way can you make the photos smaller as they are extremely large files which take a long time to display on a non superfast broadband link and also takes up a lot of space on the website. You can use this online service free of charge to reduce the file size easily. I tend to go for about 600 wide, save the file to your PC then attach it to your posting or better still run it through something like Facebook where photos are automatically shrunk to manageable sizes and just copy the URL of the photo there. (OK sorry it's a bit geeky but if you're lost drop me a message and I'll try and help)

Smaller file size here for those with slow internet and using mobile phones....
Midas-Bronze-For-Sale-005s.jpg
Photo of the Midas Bronze that is for sale in this posting.
Midas-Bronze-For-Sale-005s.jpg (45.75 KiB) Viewed 11466 times
kelvink

Postby geoffprobert » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:30 pm

Cheers Hans and Kelvink

Thanks for your kind words. I'll post some new pics shortly. Things are a bit hectic at present, but I'll do it asap.
geoffprobert

Postby geoffprobert » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Thanks for the tips, Kelvink. I had wondered how to do it. It was taken with my SLR that produces massive files. I'll know now when I post the next pics.
geoffprobert

Postby streetsy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Shame you are looking to sell it, if any one is looking for confirmation I can vouch for the car as I built it and Geoff has improved on it over the past two years. Richard
streetsy

Postby geoffprobert » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Not an easy choice, Richard, but since I retired I've been so busy I've hardly had time to drive it. It really has served the main purpose I had when I bought it, (apart from driving it, of course!), that was to use it to learn basic mechanics and the working of an old, tried and tested type of engine. I've had hours of pleasure with it during the winter and I've learned a lot. At the end of the day, there aren't enough hours in the day to drive three cars, so I'm reluctantly selling the Midas. I've only done 237 miles in it since its MOT on 6th April.
geoffprobert

Postby dzmarc » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi

Looks a great car, very clean, out of curiosity where are you located?
dzmarc

Next

Return to For sale