MK1 Midas Bronze JEH448V Chassis no 10000

Sell your old and unwanted parts here

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

MK1 Midas Bronze JEH448V Chassis no 10000

Postby terry.midas » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:07 pm

It is with regret that I am now considering selling my wonderful Midas Bronze. This is the white one which was in a lot of the publicity photos and is pictured in one of the Mini hardback books. Please just enter the reg number which will allow you to see the magazines it has been in (JEH448V).

Now the reason for selling is that the car was off the road for many years and over the last 4 years has sat in various garages where it was to be rebuilt as a show car but unfortunately this has never happened with only failed promises of the work to come. So in the end I had it serviced and checked over for an MOT which it passed comfortably.

The car starts first time everytime and draws peoples attention where ever it goes. There is lots I would like to do to the car but have found that my health issues do not allow me to do, so with regret I would rather see it go to another Midas Club member who will hopefully do all the work I had envisioned having done and win many many prizes owning the nicest car around as it is a special car.

She is white as per the original publicity photos and has the 1275cc engine in and still has a long MOT. Looking under the car it is still a smooth shiny white. What it requires is someone who perhaps is hands on and can do his own maintenance etc. It requires the interior being upgraded the wheels being repainted in their original colour of white along with the white bodywork being brought back to the gleaming white as it left the factory.

Unfortunately I am not going to just give it away and will be looking for in excess of £1,750 for it and will consider offers over this, but will definitely not consider anything less as we all know how good these cars are. If it doesn't reach its price I will be happy to retain as we all know it will never rust out unlike its cousin the classic mini. Please send your email address if you would like any photos.

The car is garaged in West Yorkshire between Leeds and Cleckheaton and viewings are welcomed. Please text in the first instance to Terry on 07999 275453 and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Terry
terry.midas

Re: MK1 Midas Bronze JEH448V Chassis no 10000

Postby benofbrum » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:37 pm

This was once my ex wife's car which she swapped for a Fiat 127 about 28 years ago at a dealer in Harrogate. It then was bought by Andy Harrison from Bradford. I rather think it would be ideal company for my Excelsior.
benofbrum

Postby Ian Wall » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Is your car still for sale/ If so I would welcome a photo or two, Ian
Ian Wall

Postby benofbrum » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:24 am

Ian Wall wrote:Is your car still for sale/ If so I would welcome a photo or two, Ian
I bought it a couple of months ago. Just got it back from the garage having had a fuel tank sender unit and rear wheel bearing fitted and a new exhaust system fabricated and fitted.
Still a few issues to sort. It misfires above 3000 rpm in 3rd and top and was blowing water out of the overflow tank after a 20 mile run. The temp. gauge was reading about 1/3 of the scale at the time. The gel coat is still shiny.
benofbrum

Postby benofbrum » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:10 pm

benofbrum wrote:
Ian Wall wrote:Is your car still for sale/ If so I would welcome a photo or two, Ian
I bought it a couple of months ago. Just got it back from the garage having had a fuel tank sender unit and rear wheel bearing fitted and a new exhaust system fabricated and fitted.
Still a few issues to sort. It misfires above 3000 rpm in 3rd and top and was blowing water out of the overflow tank after a 20 mile run. The temp. gauge was reading about 1/3 of the scale at the time. The gel coat is still shiny.

I think the water blowing was caused by air being trapped in the heater matrix. The heater pipes are quite a bit higher than the expansion tank. Now fitted a bleed valve at the high point and filled the hoses from there. I have run it up to near the red sector on the gauge and the level in the expansion tank goes up about 11/2 cms. However the fan does not cut in, though it works when connected directly . Now need some dry weather above freezing to work on it again outside.
benofbrum

Return to For sale