Mk3 Cabriolet

Sell your old and unwanted parts here

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Mk3 Cabriolet

Postby streetsy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:07 am

The time has come for me to think about selling my shiney Midas, I have plans which would be better suited to my other (not so shiney) Midas as it is going to involve a lot of cutting and re-engineering and it would be wrong on so many levels to start cutting into a car which still has its original bright red gel-coat. I'm putting the car up here first before I list it elsewhere as I would love to see the car go to an enthusiast as I've been so enthusiastic about it. It has been on the cover of a couple of magazines, and draws a crowd wherever it goes.

Briefly about the car:

>Mk3 Cabriolet BKA 689X
>Stripped and re-built by myself Winter 2014-Spring 2015
>One-off Wheels with new tyres that have done less that 1500 miles
>Custom Engineered front suspension, New (Jan 2016) Gaz Adjustable Coil-overs on Rear
>Bright Original Red Gel-coat
>Hand Made Interior with classic Smiths Instruments, Aluminium Inserts and Custom Centre Console.
>Engine Bay Fully Detailed.
>A+ 1275cc bored +.030" (1303cc ish), Head ported and polished, Hi-lift Cam, Electronic Ignition, Gearbox with Centre Oil Pick up and 3.105 diff.
>Full Rewire, Inc. Central Locking, Boot release, Battery Cut-off. All wiring In Engine Bay Hidden.

Loads of Photos and further information available.

Car is in Mansfield

#Drop me a message (on forum) or Text (speaker damage on my phone) and I will call you back from my landline.
07539 936 022
Richard
Attachments
IMG_20791.jpg
IMG_20791.jpg (121.38 KiB) Viewed 5395 times
Interior.jpg
Interior.jpg (130.31 KiB) Viewed 5395 times
Engine (2).jpg
Engine (2).jpg (124.43 KiB) Viewed 5395 times
streetsy

Re: Mk3 Cabriolet

Postby Jvr19630 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Godd luck with finding a new home
Jvr19630

Re: Mk3 Cabriolet

Postby Ian Wall » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:27 pm

Hello, I am interested in your car , after considering a "saloon" Midas in Jedburgh, only for it to be sold on Ebay.
There is another, similar to yours on Ebay which does not seem to have a lot of interest.
I would not bid for a car unseen but yours does seem a bit special.
Could you ring me or leave a landline so we could talk and so I could find out what your car is about prior to my giving you a visit.
I am in the very north of North Yorkshire so cannot just pop round the block to view it.
My phone is 01642 722411
I have seen the Midas Gold compete in hillclimbs a few years ago when I did the same with a Gilbern Invader but have never sat in one.
Thanks, Ian Wall
Ian Wall

Return to For sale