Is this the priciest Gold on the market?

Sell your old and unwanted parts here

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Is this the priciest Gold on the market?

Postby Crowmann » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:20 pm

http://www.totalheadturners.com/detail/ ... old-274498

Now attentive folk may recognise her, no prizes for getting this right though.
Crowmann

Re: Is this the priciest Gold on the market?

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:02 pm

It used to be white and already overpriced. Nice paintjob though, epic color. Makes the car look very mature. But interior, engine, wheels etc. still need a lot of attention.
Hans Efde

Postby Crowmann » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 am

You are our winner Hans.

Indeed the ambitiously priced cream car has become a very nice gunmetal grey example. Totally suits the hood colour and lifts the car considerably. As you say though little else is correct (maybe at £2000 not £7000).

My thoughts are how much better Midas's look in a suitable metallic rather than the gel coat and why would a trader go to the bother - unless self painted it would have been a £1000 at mates rates to paint. Along the lines of 'I know lets bung about what we gave for the car on a paint job and stick it up for another 3 grand and see how it goes'

Conkers. :?
Crowmann

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Indeed, but that's how traders work. I believe this car was originally sold for 1600 gbp. I had a similar case locally. There was a LHD GTM Spyder for sale, only 60km from my home. Asking price was 6000 euro, but it's registration was revoked. Probably the original builder had been messing with the chassis number to get a 2005 registration to save a bucket load of money on luxury tax we have on new cars, but they found out.
I was discussing with the administration to see if this car could be reregistered. But I was too late and the car already was bought by a German trader. I found it again and discovered the trader had the car freshened up with a metallic orange paint job. Asking price after the paint job 26000 euro! It won't sell so he has now lowered it to 22500 euro. Good luck with it mate.
Hans Efde

Postby johno » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:33 pm

I emailed the people at Total headturners some time ago to correct the ownership bit but they have not done so. An ambitious price but I don't think Midas prices have kept pace with the upward rise in both Kit car and classics.
johno

Return to For sale