Midas Bronze for sale £££

Sell your old and unwanted parts here

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas Bronze for sale £££

Postby skylinegts33t » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi all i have a Midas Bronze for sale, i have owned the car for about 5 years now but have only ever had the car on the road once. I got the car as a bare shell in need of rebuild and many parts needed to be found. Most of the parts i found from Charlie (Midas god to many). Charlie supplied me with door mirrors, rear window (new) seats, rear gas struts, rear window lock and handle, midas badge. The car when i finnished had all new subframe mounts and bushes, new brake pads/ shoes, new alloy spacer read drums, New special commision Spax rear coil over shocks, new fron shocks, all new brake lines, new radius arms, all new front ball joints. The engine i belive is a 1100cc with a new distributor, alloy front mounted radiator, new driveshaft output seals, 3 branch exhaust manifold, standard exhaust system (stainless). The car is fitted with a set of alloy wheels and has a maching spare, all are fitted with NEW Yokohama A539 165/60/12 tyres.

After the car got its MOT and tax, it was used to get me and the best man to my wedding, and to work a couple of times so only covered about 50 miles, the car has since been declaired SORN and kept in the garage. It does need a little finishing body wise, and will need a good check over before it can go back on the road, remember this has been garaged for the last 4 and a half years. I can supply photos for anyone interested, but the car is unlikley to be re used by myself and i dont like the idea of me breaking it up for scrap. It will need to be trailored away due to it having been sat for so long but i have a price of £350 for it. This car has had more than that spent on parts, Tyres, glass, seats, wheels, etc etc so i think this is a fair price for it to go back to a Midas enthusiast who wants something to play with over winter.

Anyone interested can mail me on jay@jay39.orangehome.co.uk where i will then be happy to supply a contact phone number to discuss any further questions. Thanks for having a look at my post.
skylinegts33t

Re: Midas Bronze for sale £££

Postby Rich » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:25 pm

Where in the world are you Jay?
Rich

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi Jay, are you talking about the A909AJH?
Hans Efde

Postby skylinegts33t » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi chaps, im in Stroud, Gloucestershire and yes we are talking about A909AJH which does have a string of photos on the forum in my folder under jays rebuild. As mentioned in my first post it has been sat for about 4 1/2 years but has spent all this time in the garage out of the weather.
skylinegts33t

Postby Rich » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:47 pm

Seriously tempted, but short of space and two years too early.
Rich

Postby skylinegts33t » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Yeah i know that feeling, space is one of the reasons ive decided to sell the car. It has been sat where it is for so long i have fergoten that my garage is a double one, and what with the two bumpercars now taking up space in the spare side and my daily car needing a re-loom and now only have outside space, it has to go so my baby can go in for the loom job. It would be a shame to break it and sell the parts of to the mini boys and scrap the shell hence it is now up for sale as a whole car. Can i tempt anyone to rescue this Bronze before it gets to the point of breaking????

Oh there are now some photos on hear, photo section title : Midas Bronze for sale £££
skylinegts33t

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Not everyone will like what you did to the front, but it looks like a good car, probably worth a lot more than 350GBP. Maybe you have to put it on Ebay with a minimum of 350 and see where it ends. My guestimate would be between 700 and 900 if the car is technical okay and from the inside decent.
Hans Efde

Postby skylinegts33t » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:03 am

Ok, now looking at the current market and parts that are needed by so many i am now considering breaking the car. I have a list of parts and the condition of each item, many of which i still have the bill of sale for so am able to give honest and fair prices for such.

Rear windscreen (not heated but was new when car was rebuilt, supplied by Charlie Dodd) £80.00
Front windscreen (supplied by Auto windscreen at time of going for mot) £80.00
rear side glass (with rubbers) £40 the pair
Door glass £30 the pair
Door mirrors (renault 14) £30 the pair
Alloy wheels with new Yokohama tyres £200 set of 5
Fuel tank with new fuel sender fitted £60
beam axle £40
Radius arms (new and covered 50 mile only complete with back plates £100 pair
Alloy rear drums (spacer type) £50 (done 50 miles)
Front sub frame complete with Hubs, discs, calipers £200
Engine and gearbox (with diff) £150
Weber 45 DCOE fitted with NEW Misab plates, new 40 pump jets, new 200 air jets, new 200 main jets, new 45f9 idles, new F11 e.tubes £100
Stainless exhaust and mini sport 3 branch manifold with exhaust wrap £80
seats with frames £100 the pair (supplied by Charlie Dodd) No rips, tears, will be given a full clean prior to sale)
New Spax coil over shocks, Built to my spec by Spax cost me £200 will sell for £150.

Futher to all this, i have the dash, steering colum, steering rack, Metro guage cluster, wiper/indicator arms, door cards, rear lights, fuel filler cap/neck and tube, sun visors, rear light cover panle, rear wheel arch inner covers, radius arm end caps, head liner, door seals, Alloy door top frames. All these will be open to offers.

The body will then be a free item for anyone who can collect and wants it.
skylinegts33t

Postby Rich » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Rather than break it with all the hassle that entails, why not put it on Ebay as a complete car? You'll get more that £350 for it and it's more likely that it will get back on the road as a Midas.

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby skylinegts33t » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:30 pm

Because i am in desperate need of the space in the garage, i have my competition car which needs a re-loom and at current is sitting out on the drive in the bad weather. By striping the midas, all the parts can go up in the loft of the garage untill they sell. The body of the midas well that can either get cut up and disposed of or find a new home for free as long as it is collected. It will be sad but my 10 second comp car has to take president.

And sold as parts ill get more than 350 as well.
skylinegts33t

Next

Return to For sale