midas bronze 1380 for sale

Postby bronze1380 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:02 pm

If in doubt...
Flat out
bronze1380

Re: Midas bronze 1380 for sale

Postby Alan D. » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:27 pm

Hello,
Sorry to see that you are leaving us, you are selling what looks to be a very nice car. My thoughts are, if you going to Mini, then you will be forever be chasing rust and it will cost you more in money and time in the long run! That's why I bought Midas's, 17 times more torsionally stiff than a Mini, no rust, better handling, better aerodynamics, etc. etc..

But good luck with your sale, I hope it makes £2000! I will watch it with interest as I have a Mk 2 to sell as well! I've just got too many Midas's!

Alan D.
Alan D.

Postby bronze1380 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 am

Alan D. wrote:Hello,
Sorry to see that you are leaving us, you are selling what looks to be a very nice car. My thoughts are, if you going to Mini, then you will be forever be chasing rust and it will cost you more in money and time in the long run! That's why I bought Midas's, 17 times more torsionally stiff than a Mini, no rust, better handling, better aerodynamics, etc. etc..
Alan D.

To be honest i'm going back to the minis.
I've had 34 of them in the last 15 years and still have my first mini in the garden.
I loved minis ever since my mum had one when i was 5 and i hate not having one thats on the road.
You are all really nice people and have made me feel welcome.
If it doesn't sell, then i'll get it mot'd somehow and see how it goes (just because its different to all the other school run bus's) but i would have to find a way of fitting a rear seat and 3 point belts for the kids seats.
If in doubt...
Flat out
bronze1380

Re: midas bronze 1380 for sale

Postby johnnyfixit » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:46 am

same reason I went for the Domino last seven of my minis went the way of the dreaded rust god Oxide :twisted: but loved the car and its easy diy mechanics
like Alan said now got one no rust and better handeling also with enough space to get the kiddies in the back anyway best of luck on the auction ;)
johnnyfixit

Postby Alan D. » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:04 pm

bronze1380 wrote:
Alan D. wrote:Hello,
Alan D.

To be honest i'm going back to the minis.
I've had 34 of them in the last 15 years and still have my first mini in the garden.
I loved minis ever since my mum had one when i was 5 and i hate not having one thats on the road.
You are all really nice people and have made me feel welcome.
If it doesn't sell, then i'll get it mot'd somehow and see how it goes (just because its different to all the other school run bus's) but i would have to find a way of fitting a rear seat and 3 point belts for the kids seats.

I've just sold a Mk1 with the rear seat conversion, which you mentioned in an earlier post. The car has not left me as yet, but one of the conditions of sale, was that, he would allowed me to take a moulding off the rear seat. This hopefully will be done in the near future!

But good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Return to For sale