Wanted - Cortez / Excelsior Windscreen

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Wanted - Cortez / Excelsior Windscreen

Postby issigonis59 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi there

Does anybody have or know of a spare Cortez / Excelsior Windscreen that they would be willing to part with ?

Tony has just broken his :shock: and we are desperate to get the car back on the road ! I understand there was a group buy a number of years ago and some owners bought spare ones ?

If you have one you are willing to sell could you PM me or email me on rachel.harness@tesco.net ;)

Many thanks

Rachel
issigonis59

Re: Wanted - Cortez / Excelsior Windscreen

Postby Alan D. » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:33 am

Sorry Rachel,

The group windscreen buy was for Mk 1,3 or 3 Midas's. I believe that the Mk 4 windscreen is a bespoke item, which is only available from Alistair at Midas cars!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby issigonis59 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:28 am

Hi Alan

I'd already tried Alistair - his tooling was at Autowindscreens who went bust a couple of weeks ago. It was Alistair who said there had been a previous group buy (before yours) for Cortez / Excelsior screens and some buyers bought spares and suggested as a long shot that someone might be willing to sell one.

Looks like we are drawing a blank on this - not quite sure where to go next !!!! :?

Rachel ;)
issigonis59

Postby manifold » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:05 pm

even though they went bust it would be worth chasing up if they have the tooling with the liquidators. they must still be around. worth a shot.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby issigonis59 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Alistair is on the case and is trying to get the tooling back or negoiate with the company taking them over - so think it's just a case of having to wait a while !

Thanks for your help ! :D
issigonis59

Postby Alan D. » Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 pm

We hope to have a Mark 4 front screen transported to China for pricing. The reason we are going there is that they do not charge tooling costs and as we are only trying to get 10 screens it is imperitive to keep the costs down. There are only seven people interested in taking a Mark 4 front screen. So if we can get a respectable price, it will only go ahead if we can sell all ten screens, so hopefully someone will buy a spare screen to make up the order.

I will keep you informed.

Alan D.
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Thu May 31, 2012 10:27 am

The Mark 4 screen will be transported to China in about 3 weeks, when various other screens are added to the packing case to make it econmical to ship.
Realistically it will be four or five months before we get new screens back to us in the UK.

I will be getting prices for both heated and unheated screens.

It would be very uplifting if Mark 4 owners could express some interest in the project!

Alan D.
Alan D.

Postby cortezkeeper » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 am

Alan, Have already said I will purchase Cortez screen, so hope we get enough takers to make it worthwhile !
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Postby Alan D. » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:22 pm

cortezkeeper wrote:Alan, Have already said I will purchase Cortez screen, so hope we get enough takers to make it worthwhile !
Michael.

Thank you Michael,

I'm not privvy to who has placed any orders, as I was handed the task by you know who. So it is nice to know that there is somebody out there!

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Postby PeteH » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Is there any news on this? I need to replace my Cortez windscreen, I would be interested in purchasing one.
PeteH

Next

Return to Wanted