Headlight rings (Mk 1/2) needed

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Headlight rings (Mk 1/2) needed

Postby MrBounce » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:58 am

I am after a pair of Allegro Headlight rings - the bits which actually bolt to the body and adjust the aim of your lights. I have not been able to find any, apart from one which was attached to a brand new light on ebay. This was silly money, and a bit pointless as I already have several headlights.

Mine are rather rusty so I could use some help!

MrBounce

Re: Headlight rings (Mk 1/2) needed

Postby Alan D. » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:14 pm

If it is just surface rust (i.e. no holes) why not think about having them shot blasted and powder coated. I've been soaking parts like that in vinegar, the vinegar being a mild acid cleans them a treat! Then Hammerite them. I think Rich may have some thoughts, as he can powder coat stuff for you at reasonable price! It will be easier and cheaper than sourcing new parts. I've just a just acquired another MK 1 but some of the glass is missing. So here we go again I will have to have some side windows made! We need to be thinking of alternative parts or having stuff made, as a lot of components don't exist any more!!! What about going to small round headlights? SVC sell a single 90mm diameter headlight with both dip and main beam, they would fit a treat!

I went for double lights which just fit.

Alan
Attachments
Headlights003-1[1].jpg
Headlights003-1[1].jpg (47.69 KiB) Viewed 5715 times
Alan D.

Postby manifold » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Why not get in touch with Alistair of Alternative Cars.

He owns the Midas brand.

As the owner of the Midas brand surely he will have a comprehensive list of parts for all thats needed to support the cars?
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Rich » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Alan D. wrote:If it is just surface rust (i.e. no holes) why not think about having them shot blasted and powder coated. I've been soaking parts like that in vinegar, the vinegar being a mild acid cleans them a treat! Then Hammerite them. I think Rich may have some thoughts, as he can powder coat stuff for you at reasonable price! It will be easier and cheaper than sourcing new parts. I've just a just acquired another MK 1 but some of the glass is missing. So here we go again I will have to have some side windows made! We need to be thinking of alternative parts or having stuff made, as a lot of components don't exist any more!!! What about going to small round headlights? SVC sell a single 90mm diameter headlight with both dip and main beam, they would fit a treat!

I went for double lights which just fit.

Alan

As Alan says, as long as the metal isn't completely goosed a mild acid solution will clean rust a treat, a bit of brushing with a brass brush helps no end too. I'm more than happy to powder coat small cleaned items for forum members at cost (less than a quid per part) plus postage.

If the adjuster ring is essentially a flat plate with a cut out it shouldn't be too hard to make from sheet steel, in fact come to think of it, I've got a plasma cutter to play with now......
Rich

Postby johnnyfixit » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:26 pm

They look like the new RX7 conversion Alan very neat

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7374/img4241.jpg
johnnyfixit

Return to Wanted