Inlet/Exhaust Manifold

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Inlet/Exhaust Manifold

Postby Moneypit » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:02 am

Hi
Does anybody know where I can get hold of an Inlet/Exhaust manifold for a 1275 metro engine.Mine fell apart when I was trying to sort out an exhaust leak.
It's the 'all in one' type casting with the twin downpipes.
Can you use the seperate type or are they for a different size carb?
Many thanks
Moneypit

Re: Inlet/Exhaust Manifold

Postby DavidL » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:24 am

I don't have one to offer, but yes, you can use separate inlet and exhaust manifolds; when I had my Bronze I started with a Metro 1275 all-in-one manifold and cut the exhaust section off so I could fit an LCB exhaust manifold. I eventually swapped the Metro inlet manifold for a water heated inlet manifold, but I think that was a waste of time; I don't think there was any difference in performance or economy. There are different sized manifolds, just watch you use the correct size for the carb you'll be using.
DavidL

Postby Moneypit » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:54 am

faceofdoh wrote:I don't have one to offer, but yes, you can use separate inlet and exhaust manifolds; when I had my Bronze I started with a Metro 1275 all-in-one manifold and cut the exhaust section off so I could fit an LCB exhaust manifold. I eventually swapped the Metro inlet manifold for a water heated inlet manifold, but I think that was a waste of time; I don't think there was any difference in performance or economy. There are different sized manifolds, just watch you use the correct size for the carb you'll be using.

Thanks for that.
At a push I might be able to save the inlet section then as that parts ok.Just get hold of the mg exhaust manifold to fit in the same way you did.I think there's a couple of those on e-bay.
Moneypit

Postby wolfie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Moneypit wrote:
faceofdoh wrote:I don't have one to offer, but yes, you can use separate inlet and exhaust manifolds; when I had my Bronze I started with a Metro 1275 all-in-one manifold and cut the exhaust section off so I could fit an LCB exhaust manifold. I eventually swapped the Metro inlet manifold for a water heated inlet manifold, but I think that was a waste of time; I don't think there was any difference in performance or economy. There are different sized manifolds, just watch you use the correct size for the carb you'll be using.

Thanks for that.
At a push I might be able to save the inlet section then as that parts ok.Just get hold of the mg exhaust manifold to fit in the same way you did.I think there's a couple of those on e-bay.

If you let me know you're address I'll post you an MG Metro inlet manifold for free as I'm trying to clear out about 4 engines worth of bits.
Steve
wolfie

Postby Moneypit » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:23 pm

wolfie wrote:
Moneypit wrote:

Thanks for that.

If you let me know you're address I'll post you an MG Metro inlet manifold for free as I'm trying to clear out about 4 engines worth of bits.
Steve

That would be great.I tried to weld it up tonight with some cast rods but only part successful.2 lugs were broken off and one cracked again when I torqued it up.There seems to be quite a bow in it so no wonder really.I'll send a pm
Many thanks
Moneypit

Return to Wanted