mk3 gold headlight brackets

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: mk3 gold headlight brackets

Postby b1zbaz » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:46 pm

thanks hans another quick question how do they fit and hold the lamp i cant get my head round them and also thanks davidj i recieved my brackets today i will post money asap
b1zbaz

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm

It's easiest when you have a Midas on which you can remove the eyebrows. Standard factory was that they were fastened with a nut, but on quite a few cars they were glued to the body. This might complicate things a bit. But if they are removed, install the light on the ring (it should fit one way thanks to some indents) and fasten with the 3 small clips. Remove the butterfly nuts (don't loose the springs) and install it to the body (3 bolts, 3 holes). Then install rings and fasten the butterfly nuts. Not fully tight but leave space for adjustment. Find a wall and adjust the headlights by loosening and fastening the butterfly nuts. When you're done install the eyebrow. Piece of cake really. Only adjusting the lights may be time consuming.
Hans Efde

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:52 pm

cheers mate
b1zbaz

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:12 pm

I just ordered and paid for 11 sets of 7inch headlamp rings. I'll let you know when they arrive so I can make arrangements for shipping to the interested people.
Hans Efde

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:42 am

Good news, I just received a box with 22 7 inch rings from Morette.
Only problem is that they won't fit in an envelope, so shipment from Holland to the UK will be in a box and that costs 9 euro.

I paid 358,26 euro for the batch including shipping, so they cost 32,57 euro per pair. With shipment from me to you will be then 41,57 euro in total (if paid via Paypal tick the box "gift" or else add 5% for the Paypal fee).
For the people who wanted a pair, if they make the payment via paypal to hans.efde@hccnet.nl I can send them coming monday.

Alan, I'll contact you via pm concerning your shipment, because I have to check if your package stays within the weight limit.
Hans Efde

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:08 pm

hans you are in my top ten best people in the world right now if you were closer i would kiss you thank you very much and also thank you to everybody who has helped me i know i can be a pest
b1zbaz

Postby manifold » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Hey no sweat baz....that's what this forum is for....to get results....be a pest :D

......nag as much as you want if it means we get another Midas back on the road!
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Hans Efde » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:32 pm

b1zbaz wrote:hans you are in my top ten best people in the world right now if you were closer i would kiss you thank you very much and also thank you to everybody who has helped me i know i can be a pest

You're welcome Barry. It was a nice internet challenge finding these rings. I just posted the box to Alan, so he should have them in 1 tot 2 weeks. Hope your car sails through the MOT.
Hans Efde

Postby Alan D. » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi Barry,
can you get intouch, as I've reciieved the headlight rings from Hans.

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Alan I seem to have lost your number can you ring or text me please
b1zbaz

PreviousNext

Return to Wanted