Radiator for a Mk 3 (convertible)

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Radiator for a Mk 3 (convertible)

Postby lankyjames » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Hans Efde wrote:This one will fit:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PCC000104EVA- ... 2a1991dc5d

It will save you one rubber bend because usually the RH upper outlet faces outwards and the hose has to make a 180degree turn. This one is pointing aft which is beneficial. Just make sure it is a cross flow radiator, i.e. inlet and outlet at different sides. The first Metro radiator had inlet and outlet on the same side and this compromises the efficiency

I think this is what I have, both inlet and outlet are passenger side and side-ways facing, would I see much increase in efficiency with a cross-flow rad? What rubber pipework are people using from? A metro?
lankyjames

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:21 pm

Just came back from work and checked my rad. You were completely right, mine is about 50cm's as well. sorry for the confusion. I checked the receipts I got with my car. The previous owner purchased his Metro radiator p/n 730119 from Andrew Page ltd in Leeds for the sum of 35.45 pounds in november 2000. Maybe they can still supply these.
Hans Efde

Postby Alan D. » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:22 pm

lankyjames wrote:
Hans Efde wrote:This one will fit:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PCC000104EVA- ... 2a1991dc5d

It will save you one rubber bend because usually the RH upper outlet faces outwards and the hose has to make a 180degree turn. This one is pointing aft which is beneficial. Just make sure it is a cross flow radiator, i.e. inlet and outlet at different sides. The first Metro radiator had inlet and outlet on the same side and this compromises the efficiency

I think this is what I have, both inlet and outlet are passenger side and side-ways facing, would I see much increase in efficiency with a cross-flow rad? What rubber pipework are people using from? A metro?

You have probable got an Allegro radiator, which I imagine is very rare in itself!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby max midas » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:12 am

@ Hans.
Thanks, I'll try them,though it may not be £35 nowadays ;)
max midas

Previous

Return to Wanted