Small midas badges

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Small midas badges

Postby Jin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:59 am

Anyone got any?
I've a requirement for 4x in a small size to go onto alloy wheels, if not does anyone gave a digital copy of the artwork that I can use to get some made if that's allowed?

Cheers
https://easywider.co.uk/ universal flexible wheel arch extensions
Jin

Re: Small midas badges

Postby streetsy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:03 am

Try asking Alistair Courtney (owner of Midas cars) or Tony Moss (Owners Club secretary) both are forum Users Acourtney and Moss respectively
streetsy

Postby goldeneye » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:57 pm

I am still also searching for small badges. I tried e-mail once or twice, but still no luck...
Midas Mk II
goldeneye

Postby Jin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:31 am

If its allowed ill get some made....
Jin

Postby ACourtney » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi Justin,

I have a stock of wheel centre stickers which could be what you are after:

Wheel centre stickers.jpg
Wheel centre stickers.jpg (112.91 KiB) Viewed 8955 times

They are 30mm in diameter and cost just £1 each - so £4 for 4.

I am also looking at getting some 25mm (1") diameter domed plastic badges made, these would be suitable for wheel centres, gear knobs and key rings.

If that is not what you want and you wanted to make something yourself then that is fine, so long as you only do it for yourself.
It would only be if you copied the Midas badges and then sold them that you would infringe my IP rights.
ACourtney

Postby Jvr19630 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi Alistair,
How can i get hold of a set of these please ?
Cheers John
Jvr19630

Postby Jin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:18 pm

They look spot on mate, some domed ones would look good too but for now I'll take 4 of these, actually make it 5 just in case, to whom do I send the funds to, I assume PayPal is ok?

Thanks for coming to my aid
Thanks
Jin

Postby ACourtney » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Cheques should be made out to Alternative Cars Ltd and sent to the office address: Alternative Cars Ltd, 10 Hazel Road, Oxford, OX2 9LF

I can accept paypal through my account in the name alistair.courtney@ntlworld.com, but please remember to pay the Paypal fee which is only 20p if it comes from a Paypal linked account, or 20p +3.4% if you pay by credit card.

Whilst I'm on the subject of badges, in response to requests from several owners, I have now ordered a batch of aluminium bonnet badges.
These are the 25mm by 122mm (1" by 4 3/4") badges that were first fitted to the Mk2 Coupe and all subsequent models up to the late 1990s.
They are identical to the original item and come with an adhesive backing, but the colours should be more resistant to fading thanks to modern pigments and printing methods.
Also shown is the domed plastic bonnet badge that was first used on the 2+2 (Cortez).

Bonnet badges.png
Bonnet badges.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 8941 times

I am still awaiting delivery of the aluminium badges and hope to have them within the next two weeks.
I will post something up as soon as they come in.

In the meantime I have plenty of the domed plastic bonnet badges in stock at £10.00, including P&P

I also have a small stock of cut-vinyl decals of the type generally used on the rear of MK2 and MK3 Coupes.
There are two types : Black lettering for use on light coloured cars and silver lettering for use on dark cars.
Measuring a christian 1 1/2" by 9" (or a heathen 38mm by 225mm), they also cost £10.00, incl P&P, and are the perfect way to finish off your Coupe.

Cut vinyl decals.jpg
Cut vinyl decals.jpg (116.39 KiB) Viewed 8941 times

And there is no reason why you couldn't use them on a convertible either ;)
ACourtney

Postby Jvr19630 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:36 pm

hi Alistair,
When you have the bonnet badges i would like a bonnet badge, a rear vinyl badge in black and a set of 5 wheel cap stickers
Can you let me know a total cost when you are ready.
Cheers John
Jvr19630

Postby mfdriver » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi Alistair
I hope you have remembered that I too would like a bonnet badge when ready please. I will order 4 wheel centres at the same time when given the all clear.
As an aside, are the rear glass hinges still available or do I try and extract the old hinge pin and insert something similar.
Looks like a painful job as will partly have to remove the roof lining to get at locating nuts?
Thanks
Malcolm
mfdriver

Next

Return to Wanted