Small midas badges

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Small midas badges

Postby ACourtney » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:30 pm

I have now collected the aluminium bonnet badges. They cost £12.00, including P&P.
So anyone who wants one can contact me by PM or by email - sales@midascars.co.uk

John, if you want the aluminium bonnet badge, rear vinyl badge and 5 wheel cap stickers, that will total £27.00.
Malcolm, I received your cheque today so your badges will go out with the post on Monday.

For anyone wondering about the hinges - the situation is I have some hinge components, but no assembled hinges. Furthermore, the hinge components are very old stock and the paint on them is very poor.
I suggested to Malcolm that he might as well try to rescue his existing hinges, but if the pins are really stuck, or something breaks, then at least I can supply a replacement.
ACourtney

Postby Jvr19630 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:56 am

Morning Alistair,
Funds sent
Cheers John
Jvr19630

Postby kelvink » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:35 pm

Remind me to bring some cash on Tuesday!
kelvink

Postby Jvr19630 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Badges arrived today.
Thanks Alistair
Jvr19630

Postby Stuart » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:08 pm

Alistair in respect of your question in the magazine about anyone wanting any other badges - has anyone considered the reproduction of the early pressed alloy badge that is three inches long? or perhaps in engraved plastic of some description would work?
Early Midas badge 001.jpg
Early Midas badge 001.jpg (19.01 KiB) Viewed 8609 times
Stuart

Postby manifold » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Not seen those ones before Stuart.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Stuart » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:53 pm

manifold wrote:Not seen those ones before Stuart.

They were on my MK2 which was in the middle of the whole run of the MK2's David. I had assumed all cars made up until then had them fitted? and perhaps when they ran out of those badges the larger MK3 badges where then fitted, but that's only a guess.

They're just a thin piece of aluminium pressed into shape, and had a double-sided sticky foam behind of about 2 mm.

Early Midas badge 002.jpg
Early Midas badge 002.jpg (14.59 KiB) Viewed 8605 times
Stuart

Postby ACourtney » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi Stuart,
I've not looked into getting these badges made as nobody has requested them yet. My son's Mk1 has them and they are both missing the top LH corner, both having broken along the top of the red stripe.
I think you are correct that they were fitted to all Mk1s and early Mk2 and were probably dropped when the larger badge was introduced with the Mk3. I suspect that the later badges were cheaper to make.
It really comes down to how many people are likely to want them as to whether it is worthwhile getting them made. In the case of the 6"by 1" aluminium badges I already had three owners who all wanted a pair of Aluminium badges and the suspicion that I could sell a similar number fairly quickly.
I would need to sell a similar number of these smaller to make it worthwhile. So if half a dozen Midas owners respond and say yes they would like a recreation of the earlier badge then I'll look into it.

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby Stuart » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Thanks Alistair,

I'd take 4 small badges if the cost wasn't too bad. Whilst I'm here I'll email you about two of the large aluminium ones.
Stuart

Previous

Return to Wanted