Wanted, a wheel

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Wanted, a wheel

Postby cubera » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:08 pm

I should have read more carefully, but actually, some 1.3 metros DID have steels. I checked my memory against that of No.1 son, and he concurs that, amongst the several Metros we had, at least 2, 1300s, had steel wheels, whereas the MG versions , as well as some VDPs (maybe all) had alloys. We had a fair few metros through our hands at one time, but have got rid of nearly everything now - just a few bits and pieces left. I suppose the "whether or not" is pretty irrelevant, as what you want is to solve your own problem.
cubera

Postby cubera » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:10 pm

And having read again, I realise it ain't YOUR problem anyway. I must be getting old.
cubera

Postby Rich » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:50 pm

cubera wrote:And having read again, I realise it ain't YOUR problem anyway. I must be getting old.

:D So it isn't just me that has these days then?

Thank feck for that, nothing like going mad by yourself....
Rich

Postby FlyingScotsman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:21 am

Hi have a set of Metro Cross Spoke Alloys, that would fit. Require painting, possibly new tyres. Just taking up space space in my garage so Free if interested. :D
FlyingScotsman

Postby Stuart » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:40 am

FlyingScotsman wrote:Hi have a set of Metro Cross Spoke Alloys, that would fit. Require painting, possibly new tyres. Just taking up space space in my garage so Free if interested. :D

Unfortunately given what has been said already, I don't think so. The Turbo wheel and cross spoke AFAIA are exactly the same size.

streetsy wrote:I cannot fit one of my turbo wheels in even with the tyre deflated. My car was built 1995 so it is a little earlier
Stuart

Postby Stuart » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:43 am

cubera wrote:And having read again, I realise it ain't YOUR problem anyway. I must be getting old.

As you say it isn't MY problem. I'm just trying to help. Perhaps you could tell us all which A-series Metro has 13" steel wheels? I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Stuart

Postby cubera » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:57 am

The ones which immediately spring to mind were the two white vans we bought new from a dealer in Harwell. One eventually got turned into a Midas Mk 3, the other was chopped in for one of the first GTAs, the single cam 1400, which was a very nice car - it seemed to lack very little compared with the GTi which replaced it, and was a sweeter engine. The latter nearly became a Mk 4 Midas, but I bought a ready-built one from a dealer in Ruislip, ran it as my everyday car for six years, then sold it (in a bit of a tatty state) when I thought my health was worse than it now appears. I see the Mk 4 is still with a club member - great little car.
cubera

Previous

Return to Wanted