Mk1 Mk2 Bronze wanted

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Mk1 Mk2 Bronze wanted

Postby Killerwhat » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:55 am

No Problem Tony.
Whatever suits.
Steve.
Killerwhat

Postby blunty » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Steve,finally found my Term Diary,not all good news tho',exeat isn't until Nov 28th.Do you need to move the car before that date? It might be possible to get a Sunday off at a time amenable to both you & my mate Keith,but ONLY MIGHT be poss.,school isn't noted for flexibility.Let me know your thoughts,I AM KEEN.
Thanks, Tony
blunty

Postby blunty » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi Steve, OK all fixed with my mate for the weekend Nov 28th,following a meeting with Kelvin,is the Gel coat cracked or crazed in any areas & how leak proof is it ? Neither are deal breakers I assure you, I just need to know ,in fact talking to Kelvin made my mind up to get a Midas.You've already replaced the rear beam so no worries there,if it leaks I've just got to keep my wife out of it until it's fixed!
Thanks ,Tony
blunty

Postby kelvink » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:45 pm

blunty wrote:in fact talking to Kelvin made my mind up to get a Midas.

Blimey I must be good given how rough my Midases look currently! I ought to ask for commissions ;) Seriously though they are really great fun little cars and given how the 'good old Mini' is just as popular today as it's ever been really the parts are easily and cheaply available. The GRP body doesn't rust of course so all that needs to be done is galvanise the rear beam and they last forever.
kelvink

Postby Rich » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:35 pm

blunty wrote:exeat isn't until Nov 28th.Do you need to move the car before that date?

Exeat, my god that brings back memories.
Rich

Postby Killerwhat » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:36 pm

blunty wrote:Hi Steve, OK all fixed with my mate for the weekend Nov 28th,following a meeting with Kelvin,is the Gel coat cracked or crazed in any areas & how leak proof is it ? Neither are deal breakers I assure you, I just need to know ,in fact talking to Kelvin made my mind up to get a Midas.You've already replaced the rear beam so no worries there,if it leaks I've just got to keep my wife out of it until it's fixed!
Thanks ,Tony

Hi Tony, sorry for the delayed reply, been away on the canals where there is no signal / Internet. In general day to day terms it doesn't leak as long as you keep the rear hatch channel drain clear of debris. If you start squirting hose pipes around tho I've noticed that water gets in round the fuel filler neck. Could probably do with a new grommet and a little silicon. Otherwise it's water tight. There is a small gel coat craze at the front, I'll send you a pic. Not sure what caused it, it's been there ever since I've owned it and hasn't grown. Which day we're you thinking of coming?
Killerwhat

Postby Killerwhat » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:16 pm

Tony, I've added 3 more pics to the album showing the Gel coat crazing I mentioned. The other 2 show evidence of the Gel coat being polished so enthusiastically that the fibre strands are showing at the surface. Dad looked after cars religiously and I think in this case he might have been a little too sentimental !
If, ultimately, you are aiming for a concourse car then a respray is the best option but, as you can see from the photo's, it washes and polishes up well.
Killerwhat

Postby blunty » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Steve ,thanks for the reply,hope the half term went well,OK, can't get the pics on screen but that might be my fault (not good with I.T.) ,would they be on your dropbox page yet,anyway as I said it's not a deal breaker.I can make Sat. or Sun. it's your choice, from my perspective I need to square it with my mate so if you let me know.
I'll need an address & maybe a phone number would be good.
Thanks, Tony
blunty

Postby kelvink » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:37 pm

Tony try this link it should take you to photos you are after.....

https://picasaweb.google.com/1070933150 ... irectlink#
kelvink

Postby Killerwhat » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:04 pm

This is the link to the updated album:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/0mif1yglxt3h ... 1Q9eu1Vt0a
Killerwhat

PreviousNext

Return to Wanted