Mk1 Mk2 Bronze wanted

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Mk1 Mk2 Bronze wanted

Postby blunty » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:02 am

Hi , I'm new here,I would like to find a properly registered Mk1/2/Bronze preferably in running order but mechanical repairs not objected to.I don't want a crash damaged example. I am willing to pay well for a really good one. I live in Dorset so a trip to Aberdeen for example would take serious thought. A White one would be Nirvana !!! Thanks,Tony 01258 475219
blunty

Re: Mk1 Mk2 Bronze wanted

Postby kelvink » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:56 pm

There's a really nice Mk2 up in Hull for sale at the moment which ought to suit your needs pretty well given all your ongoing projects.

This is the link to the page about it here on the forum....
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2476

HOWEVER! I notice you're on a Blandford phone number so I think you ought to pop over and we should have a chat 'cos it's good to see another Midas fan in and around this part of Dorset. My workshop's at Blandford Heights Industrial Estate and can easily be identified by the sorry looking MK3 Midas Coupe outside it most of the time. It rattles it bangs it smells but oh boy it's great fun to drive! I've also got a Mk2 I'm working on amongst other things but that's not for sale sorry.

May well give you a phone call today and you don't need to own a Midas to be in the club, most of us don't really take much notice of trades descriptions being applied to club names ;)

Oh I've also got a Ginetta too only mine's a G27
kelvink

Postby blunty » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:41 pm

Hello Mate, thanks for the reply,I was expecting a deafening silence,Midas not being the most common make on the road. Someone, was it you, left a reply on our answerphone,problem is, that machine brings sound reproduction to a new bottomless low, i.e. the message is unintelligible!
I work (part time ) in Bryanston School teaching kids how to make things, in metal (a welder for most of my working life),wood (I've made over 30 guitars) & plastic, I'm not allowed to call myself a teacher, no degree, but that's what I do.
If you could give me a time that's convenient to do a bit of time wasting (yours!) I'd be most grateful>
Because of previous injuries it seems my motorcycling days are over,so now I want a 4 wheel motorbike.........that's where a Midas comes in, I want a GOOD one 'cos I don't have time anymore for projects,hence the hoped for sale of the G15.
Thanks, Tony
blunty

Postby Killerwhat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:22 pm

Hello, I have a very nice white Mk2 for sale. Recently recomissioned in July. New beam, new front discs, new rear slaves, Goodrich all round, new heater matrix, new tyres, clean 'soft trim' interior in grey, 1.3 engine, HIF44 & LCB to s/s exhaust, re bushed radius arms, original Huntmaster seats. I am based in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire and you are welcome to come for a look and a drive. The car has been in my family all its life since 1984 and was originally built by my father who was an automotive engineer at longbridge. If you are interested let me know. All the best, Steve. (Also a Design Technology teacher !)
Meanwhile here's a link to the latest pics: https://www.dropbox.com/photos/shared_s ... NJnpb6QAkM
Killerwhat

Postby kelvink » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:31 pm

Aha! I wondered if you were away.

I'm generally about most days including Sundays after 10:30 I can show you something that might interest you on the bike side of things too, so yeah pop over. I'll send you a private message with my mobile number and I'll try leaving another message with you tomorrow but later on in the day after 5 perhaps might be better?
kelvink

Postby blunty » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply,yes I'm interested it looks great,I should have done my homework but haven't,what complications are there in having a Q plate? Will this have any impact on getting this car on the road? Getting involved with I.V.A. etc seems to be a pain in the wallet & a--e! I notice you don't mention M.o.T,is this still to be done?
Thanks ,Tony
blunty

Postby Killerwhat » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:34 am

Hi Tony
None at all, it has 11 months MOT, and has led a full and uncomplicated life since it was first SVA'd in 1984.
Regards Steve.
Killerwhat

Postby blunty » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:52 am

OK Steve,sounds great, I'll try & get organised for a visit,obviously we're not local to each other,would you object to me bringing a mate who's more of a mechanic than me,he owns a GTM,so almost a soul brother!
Thanks,Tony
blunty

Postby Killerwhat » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi Tony, no problem. Is it a GTM Rossa? I always fancied one of those :)
I have nothing on this weekend and am away for a week from the 24th.
Let me know when you're sorted.
Regards
Steve
Killerwhat

Postby blunty » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:42 pm

Hello Mate, yes I've got that week off as well,it's all a bit awkward 'cos I have to work Sundays,boarding school & all that, & you have to stop them smoking fighting & fornicating somehow,so the most attractive option for them is my welding class,so much more fun than fornication!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
However I do have an exeat weekend coming up(temporarily lost my term calendar but I'll let you know over the weekend) so hopefully that'll be OK with you.
Tony
blunty

Next

Return to Wanted