Midas Gold Mk3 Coupe Anybody?

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Midas Gold Mk3 Coupe Anybody?

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:36 pm

My brother is selling his mk3 Gold coupe, but it has been sitting in the garage for at least 5 years so consider it to be a non runner. The second problem is, it's in the Netherlands.
It's a burgundy one with faded gelcoat and worn interior. But it is damage free and has powdercoated Revolutions. Tires are Falken 165/60R13 and were bought new, but no doubt they are flat spotted by now.
I suppose you are looking for one in England, but if you can't find one this car has to go this year.
I was going to help my brother resurrect this Midas, but he is too busy with his family and work.
Hans Efde

Postby Jon » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi Hans,

If that car is the one your brother bought from my friend Mark Stanley in Baldock, it might help to point out that it is right-hand drive, or a least it was when it left the UK. Also, at least some of it was sprayed by Charlie Dodd who had it before Mark. I remember that the headlight 'eyebrows' joins had been filled and blended in, so at least that area was painted, and I think I remember being told that it had all been sprayed, but I might be wrong.
Jon

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi Jon, yes that's the one. The eyebrows are fixed to the body. But it doesn't look like a complete respray, or it was a bad quality paintjob since it has been faded. The car is still RHD (as is my convertible). I don't mind driving a RHD car on the continent, but my brother wanted to convert it to LHD, he bought a complete Metro for parts to make this possible. But it never happened, he drove it a few times and then the car was stored. He moved to an other house without garage so he isn't close to the garage anymore as well. I have offered him several times to go to the car and let it run, check the brakes, tires etc. But he doesn't seem to be interested anymore and asked me to help him sell it. I am still waiting for his call to go see the car, install the carb (I borrowed it for my car), let it run, make it presentable for pictures etc. I prefer to keep it in the Netherlands but if there are no buyers and someone is desperate for a coupe you know my brother has one.
Hans Efde

Previous

Return to Wanted