brake master cylinder reservoir

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

brake master cylinder reservoir

Postby max midas » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:34 am

The years of pressure from my Gunsons easybleed have taken their toll and split the plastic near the top.
Just wondered if anyone had a new one not going to be used.
We could meet at the open day this weekend to trade if it makes things easier.
thanks.
max midas

Re: brake master cylinder reservoir

Postby All That Glisters » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Hi.
I had exactly the same problem recently, I managed to spray brake fluid all over the engine bay. the reservoir didn't just split, it exploded.
Good luck with finding a new reservoir, I think that the Rover 100 had the same one but, as I'm finding, these are now all disappearing from scrapyards. Still every cloud and silver linings, I did find that the master cylinder had a pile of rusty sludge in it and needed cleaning anyway.

Regards Mark
All That Glisters

Re: brake master cylinder reservoir

Postby ACourtney » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:54 pm

I believe that they are the same ones as used on the 1980-89 Mini master cylinder GMC227. The master cylinders themselves are different, but as they are available from Mini Spares, Mini Sport, etc, that means that AP are still making the reservoirs.
Buying a complete Mini master cylinder at around £70 may seem a bit excessive, but might be the easiest option. It would also be feasible to plumb in a remote reservoir, or two, but the cost of that is likely to be around the same as the Mini master cylinder.
ACourtney

Return to Wanted