Wanted Midas Gold convertible

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Wanted Midas Gold convertible

Postby Crowmann » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Hello all

Some time in 2008 I bought a Gold convertible from a fellow in Oxford who had grown tired of the little ruffians charms - it was a white car with hard top and black hood in need of fettling but MOT'd.

I fettled it - indeed I bought a crashed coupe from some one in Cambridgeshire and towed it home to scavenge it for parts like the stainless exhaust, rear undertray, spax adustable suspension, mint dash board - you name it.

Sadly in 2009 after a lot of time and some expense a mad idea seized me - having completed the car including new bucket seats and racing harnesses plus all the swapped stuff and a rear wing spoiler from a Mk1 Tigra the car was put up for sale. Total driving pleasure virtually nil. The drive home when collected being easily the longest followed by the three miles to the garage to MOT it for its new owner.

I have missed that car on and off ever since.

I want it back! or one as good. So if anyone knows of its where abouts - It was a D reg IIRC, white with white alloys, racing seats and at the time bespoke 'Lombard Rally 64' door stickers among many other unique items and they want to sell it back to me - assuming it still exists then please get in touch. I sold it from my old home in Warwickshire.

Failing that a sorted Midas Gold convertible with the bits that matter in place will get a loving home in exchange for a easy sale.

Call me if you can help.

Michael

07515 693463
Crowmann

Re: Wanted Midas Gold convertible

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:50 am

Coming Tuesday I am going to see a GTM Spyder that is for sale in my area (the Netherlands). The history of this car is questionable because its road license was withdrawn due to irregularities. Hence a tempting price. If I am convinced I can get the car back on the road and buy the car, I will trade in my Gold Convertible or sell it private. I believe my car is one of the best around with everything sorted in the timespan of 14 years I have owned it.
Here's a video of the car that was shot last year:

After this video I replaced the whole ignition system by a new Power Spark system and installed a professional looking custom made wind deflector.

I have reported on this forum about the progress of improvements, it's in the convertible rebuild section. Also a history of pics in these dirs:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP_51uXhrWehDYBBr0tGQJ_bpb4BQwo2S4N_4ZJ-TEldQzx5g_ivPSClHpBqQPWwg?key=LUltMHVDUUkxRzhsaTZlUjVZWHFTLWVIRWVfX0FB

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNWL-7MfmUuD_mB3iOSctPHiaDovjKAW5vQ-S7PsmmcpUhYwFOHoddPTtDID6T-Gw?key=ZlNOeU5pWUdudC1iZFBGRWlwT2JOWTc3NGFRV25n

Obviously this isn't a 2000gbp car, if I look at the traders prices for similar car (older GTM Rossa's) I reckon (if he want to trade in) it is about 5000gbp (or 6000 euro) worth.
I still have the English license plates and all documents so getting back to UK registration should be easy.
Hans Efde

Postby benofbrum » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:50 pm

There is one presently on eBay
benofbrum

Postby Crowmann » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 am

Hans

Thank you for the reply - yours is a lovely machine but rather more than I would wish to spend.

The Ebay car currently listed was sold last year for a bit less than the current start. Not sure why its listed with just 5 pictures, most of which are blurred but the colour is just wrong - old English white with burgundy hood! Fine for a RMB Gentry not so much for a Midas.

It might be a good basis for improvement but not for the start price IMO. I might speak to the seller if it fails to sell - that said I have never had a happy expereince looking at cars from the West Midlands / Black Country, without exception they have been previously written off and bodged to get them back on the road hence my reluctance to take that one further.

Might go to the Kit Car Show on Sunday and see whats about.

Who is going?
Crowmann

Postby benofbrum » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:13 pm

On Sunday, the club hold their AGM, so there will be around 15 cars on the club pitch.
benofbrum

Postby Crowmann » Wed May 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Call off the search. Mission over.

Bought Mikes blue convertible. Yaaay!! :)
Crowmann

Return to Wanted