Mk2 Metro heater box assembly

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Mk2 Metro heater box assembly

Postby Crowmann » Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm

Hello

The final touches to 'Piglet's' interior have caused me to decide the current lash up of a heater is not worth keeping.

Anyone have a spare heater - full assembly but not the engine bay fan assembly going spare?

Get in touch as that and a bit of wiring to the new dashboard and a tune up is all thats keeping her from hitting the streets. Its only been a year.
Crowmann

Re: Mk2 Metro heater box assembly

Postby Geoff Butcher » Tue May 21, 2019 10:17 pm

I managed to get one from Ebay without too much trouble, but it needed total refurbishment, as expected... Must get round to fitting it sometime.
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Crowmann » Thu May 23, 2019 10:24 pm

Have got my eye on the Bay but they do seem a bit rubbish

Have decided to ignore the heater and just go with getting her on the road. Spent a bit over time tuning her up and God was she all over the place. Static timing was so far out as was the mixture that I am surprised she ran at all, that said with this engines set up - hot cam, 1.5 roller headset and high comp Pistons the road test is and adjustments are probably just as useful as garage stuff.
Crowmann

Postby fozzza » Sat May 25, 2019 8:06 am

The chances of you finding a decent heater unit these days I think is pretty remote, like Geoff I too had to refurbish my heaters in both my MK2 and MK3.
I do believe that Dave Stephens installed an an after market heater in his MK3 from Car Builder Solutions and it looks really good. It is on the forum here somewhere.
Roy
fozzza

Postby Mtrike » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Crowmann wrote:Have got my eye on the Bay but they do seem a bit rubbish

Have decided to ignore the heater and just go with getting her on the road. Spent a bit over time tuning her up and God was she all over the place. Static timing was so far out as was the mixture that I am surprised she ran at all, that said with this engines set up - hot cam, 1.5 roller headset and high comp Pistons the road test is and adjustments are probably just as useful as garage stuff.

How is the restoration going? Not seen anything recently. Oh and by the way the mixture and timing were messed about when I was diagnosing the head gasket failure as when running is sounded more like a timing failure, until I put the tester on it. It was always very sensitive though if pinking was to be avoided. Had I kept it a different dizzy or electronics were going to appear.
Mtrike

Return to Wanted