Alloy Wheels for Gold Convertible

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Alloy Wheels for Gold Convertible

Postby 'midlife' » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:34 pm

I am looking for a set of alloy wheels for a midas gold convertible based on a 1988 metro turbo donor car. Can anyone suggest a suitably stylish wheel which is readily available or perhaps you have a set for sale? I am also looking for a hardtop. Your help and advice would be much appreciated.
'midlife'

Re: Alloy Wheels for Gold Convertible

Postby manifold » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Hello,

I have a set of 4 Compomotive MS wheels you can have if you want to make me an offer.

These are the ones that were on the factory Gold Convertible demonstrator.

They will need refurbing though as the laquer has gone. But they are the correct PCD and backspace (offset).

Kind regards,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby 'midlife' » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi David
I am very interested in the wheels, but as I do not know the condition it is difficult for me to fully appreciate the extent of refurb work required and therefore make an offer.
Do you have a price in mind?
I am based in Hampshire and would be happy to visit you if you are not too far away.
Regards
Jonathan
'midlife'

Postby manifold » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Its probably a bit far to Hampshire as I'm near Lancaster. I can take some pics this weekend if you want when I get a chance to go to my storage area.

They are fine except for the usual paint peeling off the rims. Slight white powdering on the rim faces but nothing untoward.

I kept them as I intended to refurb for my car, but ended buying new split rims in the end.

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby 'midlife' » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi David
I am new to the site and realised after my reply that you are based in Blackpool. Yes, quite a treck.
Would very much appreciate photographs when you have the opportunity to take them. You can Email to jonathan.tooley@ntlworld.com if convenient.
Look forward to receiving them soon.
Regards
Jonathan
'midlife'

Postby manifold » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:24 pm

No probs Jonathon. I will pop some on the camera this weekend for you.

I'm in no rush, but someone might as well get some use out of them to get a factory look (same wheels as used on the pebble beach factory demonstrator photos.)

Theres might be a 5th free wheel too, but that one got bent but I do know pro's might be able to straighten it though so its really 5 for 4.

Kind regards,

David

manifold

Postby manifold » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Here you go,

As promised some photos of the wheels.

Cheers,

David

manifold

Postby 'midlife' » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi David
Just seen the pictures of the wheels.
Yes, I would very much like to buy them from you.
Can you provide details of how you would like payment and also a convenient time for a courier to call?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Jonathan
'midlife'

Postby manifold » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi Jonathon,

I've sent you a private message.

Kind regards,

David

manifold

Return to Wanted