Front ARB Clamps

Tell everybody what you want, you never know someone might have it!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Front ARB Clamps

Postby johnnyfixit » Thu May 20, 2010 9:03 am

here is a picture of what I need fellow owners
Its a pair of the U clamps that stop the sideways movement of the bush and rollbar.Mine have been changed at some point wrong size ect and
are basically useless anybody got any or know where I can get some .Apparently they are a BL optional part according to the Haynes supplement.
johnnyfixit

Re: Front ARB Clamps

Postby Hans Efde » Thu May 20, 2010 9:20 am

Can't you use a small type exhaust clamp? That's almost the same. Alternatively I could call a ex-Rover dealer nearby and see if he has them still in stock and what he quotes for them. He has many Metro parts available. It would cost you shipment and possibly handling costs as well, but at least you would have a few new and original ones.
Hans Efde

Postby Alan D. » Thu May 20, 2010 9:53 am

Hi Hans,

If you are buying some from your friendly Rover dealer, I'll have two or three sets aswell, which should help with the postage. I have two spare front subrames in stock and bothh sets of ARB clamps are missing! I wonder why that is?

Thanks Alan
Alan D.

Postby Hans Efde » Thu May 20, 2010 10:05 am

Bad news, I just called him but he doesn't have them in stock anymore and ordering is also not possible. He told me that there are 2 types, the standard size and a bigger one for the bigger AR bar of the MG turbo. They used to cost between 4 and 7 euro a piece.
Hans Efde

Postby johnnyfixit » Thu May 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Mine has exhaust type clamps on but looking at the picture I can see why they arn't working as the bottom bar of the clamp is more robust to hold on to the roll bar which is why mine are moving I'll definatly have a set or I can give the coin to Alan and cut down on the postage cost .What ever is easier ?
johnnyfixit

Postby Alan D. » Thu May 20, 2010 3:22 pm

Hello Hans,

Thanks for trying!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Hans Efde » Thu May 20, 2010 4:02 pm

If we can't get the original ones anymore, maybe industrial hydraulic pipe clamps might work. These are just 2 rectangular blocks with a hole in the middle that bolt together with 2 bolts. Usually they are made from polyurethane, but they are also available in steel.
Or else with a bit of DIY build them from an aluminium block. It's not rocket science.
Hans Efde

Postby Alan D. » Thu May 20, 2010 4:35 pm

I can always make some as I have a bar bender, but I'd got this system sorted for a rear ARB.

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/SUSPE ... index.html

The side clamps are just exhaust U bolts
Alan
Alan D.

Return to Wanted