Suppose I Ought to be Sensible and Grown-up About This...

Please put here eBay items you have for sale, or items you've spotted. Thanks!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Suppose I Ought to be Sensible and Grown-up About This...

Postby XRP669 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:53 pm

No, on second thoughts, WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

I've just put my Gold convertible on eBay - have had a great time with it, and actually won't be TOO upset if it doesn't sell, but driving it has revealed an "MoT advisory" with MY chassis and suspension (a very early dodgy hip) which means I can't use it as the everyday car... :(

I never did resolve the mystery of the gear lever - unfortunately just after I posed the question my home computer started playing silly b*ggers and I couldn't upload any photos. Have had to do the listing from work and put the photos on via a highly circuitous route!

Should be starting this evening for a week - item 150509766073

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3D1&_rdc=1
XRP669

Re: Suppose I Ought to be Sensible and Grown-up About This...

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 am

its a nice car mate what needs doing to it
b1zbaz

Postby XRP669 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi, sorry for delay...

New carpet would be a good start, old one is loose, worn and ugly - seats could do with taking out and refitting (would need doing for carpet anyway, of course), turning bolts round so only heads are showing outside - door cards are OK but boring grey / beige colour - dasboard is standard one, again, OK but nothing special - lining around windscreen has peeled back and could do with refixing / replacing - (perspex) rear window is slightly "fogged" but you can see through it.

Mechanically runs fine - if I was keeping it I'd be giving it a full service about now - being really picky the hydrolastic suspension could do with very slight tweak upwards, had sunk quite badly on the nearside when I got it, pumped up fine but settled about 1/4" after the first few miles, hasn't dropped since - four good tyres as far as I can see, but the nearside rear tread pattern doesn't match the rest.
XRP669

Postby Hans Efde » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Hans Efde

Postby XRP669 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Unfortunately the winning bidder went base over apex down the stairs at work and broke their arm, which proved to be rather worse than first thought, so they weren't in a position to complete the deal and we decided jointly that it would be fairer to relist. :(

(Not sure I ought to tell you that - you might think the car carries a curse...!) :?
XRP669

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:04 pm

what would you accept cash quick sale
b1zbaz

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:55 pm

i have cash waiting if your interested in a quick sale
b1zbaz

Return to eBay links