Bronze on eBay (Worksop)

Please put here eBay items you have for sale, or items you've spotted. Thanks!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Bronze on eBay (Worksop)

Postby DavidL » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:57 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:1123
A bit faded, but interior looks tidy. Non-"Q", a Rover instrument panel, dash looks home made (well, it's been modified for the instrument panel, anyway).

Unsure of the benefits of a carbon fibre inlaid glovebox though.
DavidL

Re: Bronze on eBay (Worksop)

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:32 am

Interesting detailing in the interior, esspecially the seats with embroidery and the dashboard. Pity the builder canceled this project. This would have been a very pretty car when finished.
Hans Efde

Postby Stuart » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:12 am

That's Tony's car. Nice dash
Stuart

Postby issigonis59 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:26 am

Rationalisation time ! Too many cars, not enough time and I would like a kitchen at some point in the remainder of my life ! ;-)
issigonis59

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:23 pm

I like that embroidery very much and I realise my mother in law has also such a machine. I just have to give her the design and she can have it stichted in. Perhaps an idea to have these made in a batch (f.e. on a black or grey leather/look background) if more people are interested in a badge on their seats. I am sure she will give us a good price.
http://www.lerenslofjes.nl/site/index.php
Hans Efde

Postby manifold » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:36 pm

I like the dash. Brings it more up to date than the metro box.

Carbon Fibre weave is a nice decorative finish as well as for lightening the car.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby mikeeskriett » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:38 pm

The Rover 200/MGF dash is much nicer than the Metro pod the dials are easier to see, the only problem I found was the fuel gauge read 1/4 of a tank low when full. That's much how I planned mine to look all those years ago when I converted mine, it's just the kick up the butt i need to finish mine properly I also plan to use the Metro column in mine so it's good to see one done. Using the heater controls on the mini heater was problematic in the end so I'll be converting mine back to a standard heater.
mikeeskriett

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:17 pm

The fuel indication issue can be cured by soldering in a resistor. Mine works (worked) perfectly. Next time the dash is out I'll make pics.
Hans Efde

Postby DavidL » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:41 am

Hans Efde wrote:The fuel indication issue can be cured by soldering in a resistor. Mine works (worked) perfectly. Next time the dash is out I'll make pics.

Do you know what value of resistor is required, and where it has to go between?
Also, my (Rover dash) water temperature gauge doesn't appear to work correctly either. Would the additional resistor affect the water temperature gauge as well?
DavidL

Postby Hans Efde » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:06 am

faceofdoh wrote:
Hans Efde wrote:The fuel indication issue can be cured by soldering in a resistor. Mine works (worked) perfectly. Next time the dash is out I'll make pics.

Do you know what value of resistor is required, and where it has to go between?
Also, my (Rover dash) water temperature gauge doesn't appear to work correctly either. Would the additional resistor affect the water temperature gauge as well?

As far as I know the water temp should work correctly on a Rover 200 dash without mods. The resistor is soldered between 2 wires, but I have to remove the dash to see which ones. The color bands on a resistor don't say much to me (I learned it but it has been too long ago), so I have to take a pic of it anyway. I'll see if I can get to it if I remove the cover.
Hans Efde

Next

Return to eBay links