Black MK2

Please put here eBay items you have for sale, or items you've spotted. Thanks!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Black MK2

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Today I measured the backspace on my spare wheel ( 5.5" Revolution) without taking it out of the car and got 128mm, perhaps I was more accurate than I thought! As far as I know they're the original wheels.

Alan, does your 52mpg allow for your wheels doing more revs per mile? I reckon for every 100 miles I clock up, you'd register 107 miles, other things being equal.
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Stuart » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Just to add to the mix my Revolutions are 116 mm C-dimension, about the same as the last set of Revolutions I had.
Stuart

Postby wolfie » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Alan D. wrote:
wolfie wrote:Nothing wrong with that ride height. Mine's pretty much the same but with 14" alloys

Hi Wolfie,

I would be interested to know how you have done your 14". I'm looking to do 14" on a future project, hopefully using Rover 200 wheels, as I already have the hubs. I can make the rears discs work, but not sure about the fronts, until I pull the Rover 200 hubs apart. It may not work with the fronts, but I can try!

Alan

I spent loads of time at the locally chavvy alloy wheel shop trying different wheels and offsets and to be honest there wasn't a great choice but I found 1set from BK Racing but I had to grind out a bit of the inner wing by the footwell but I just reglassed it on the inside. The only other downside was the wheels hitting the top of the arches and rubbing on rough roads but that was using hydronaff but now I've got some coilovers to fit and some progressive bumpstops which I've been told by my cousin who was an F1 suspension designer and is now an engineer for Continental will definately sort the problem. I'll check what profile tyres I've got on the car tomorrow and let you know as I can't remember off the top of my head
P.S If you do a bulk buy of the extended stub axles I'd quite happily have a set to save me designing and making brackets.
wolfie

Postby Alan D. » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Alan, does your 52mpg allow for your wheels doing more revs per mile? I reckon for every 100 miles I clock up, you'd register 107 miles, other things being equal.

I think it's more due to a lightly driven 998cc engine than any cleaver technological wizardry. So the answer Geoff is 19" wheels on the Midas! Maybe you correct, my odometer is over reading, but does it matter! Small boys still wave and cheer, women accost me in filling stations, but unfortunately it's not for MY body! The Midas bring a lot of smiles to a lot of people. Even my daughters like it and they never agree on anything.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:12 pm

alan are you the maroon midas gold i saw at stoneleigh
b1zbaz

Postby Alan D. » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:33 pm

b1zbaz wrote:alan are you the maroon midas gold i saw at stoneleigh

No, I was the cream convertible with the MX 5 seats, I think you spoke to me.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Rich » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Alan D. wrote:Alan, does your 52mpg allow for your wheels doing more revs per mile? I reckon for every 100 miles I clock up, you'd register 107 miles, other things being equal.

I think it's more due to a lightly driven 998cc engine than any cleaver technological wizardry. So the answer Geoff is 19" wheels on the Midas! Maybe you correct, my odometer is over reading, but does it matter! Small boys still wave and cheer, women accost me in filling stations, but unfortunately it's not for MY body! The Midas bring a lot of smiles to a lot of people. Even my daughters like it and they never agree on anything.

Alan

It's an odd one is this, I found the economy was the same when I switched from 165/60/13 tyres to 175/50/13 tyres. On a run the car returned 56mpg from the ported 1330cc engine running on Megajolt. My speedo is electronic and is recalibrated when the tyre diameters change, checked against GPS it's recording spot on.
Rich

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:58 pm

yes i remember now i did not think it would be a car women would be interested in my girlfriend hates it
b1zbaz

Previous

Return to eBay links