cheap GTM

Please put here eBay items you have for sale, or items you've spotted. Thanks!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

cheap GTM

Postby midasnut » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:34 pm

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1020434026

This might make a nice addition to a fleet.
midasnut

Re: cheap GTM

Postby DavidL » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:25 am

Looks too good to be sold for £500, but I've sent a message through Gumtree asking if I could go to view it, it's not too far from me.

It does say "call me" in the ad, but no phone number given, and the photos don't seem to support "needs a lot of work to get back on the road" either, but I'd be interested to see if I get any response. If it's genuine, I'm going to be severely tempted.

(edited some time later)
After a little investigation, it seems a bit suspicious. Ad mentions a steel chassis but the Rossa is a fibreglass monocoque, according to what I've found (I had forgotten all I'd ever known about the car). It's supposed to be 1982, but production didn't start till 1987, although it might be registered as a rebodied Mini which might explain that. It's been posted for 7 days already, apparently, and still unsold; if it's genuine, I'm surprised it's not been sold in that time...

...but the address could well be genuine, I've been looking around on Google Street Images and found what could be the drive it was photographed on. :D
DavidL

Postby Stuart » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:27 am

Perhaps it was registered in 1992 given the K-plate.
Stuart

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 am

Apart from the hanging front bumper and strange cut in the rear shell for engine clearance, seems like a standard car with a gelcoat in good condition. Priced cheaply (I've seen these go for around a 1000 on Ebay), so I wonder what's the catch. Probably the right hand side heavily damaged?
Hans Efde

Postby DavidL » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:33 am

Could be, Hans. I have just had an email from the seller though, giving his mobile number, so I'll give him a call and see what he says. If it sounds hopeful I'll probably go and see it today.

Don't know where I'm going to park it though. :mrgreen:

...don't even have a way of moving it either, but I'm sure there are ways and means...
DavidL

Postby DavidL » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Going to see it tomorrow. Owner knows very little about it, which might explain the comment about the steel chassis. Does need a lot of work, though...

...and now I'm not, he's sold it to someone from Newcastle who already owns a lot of cars. Guess it wasn't to be, for me anyway.
DavidL

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Bought by Steve Brabazon on the GTM forum
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Return to eBay links