My Gold on gum tree

Please put here eBay items you have for sale, or items you've spotted. Thanks!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

My Gold on gum tree

Postby midasnut » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:43 pm

After a lot of thought I've decided to let my mk 3 gold coupe go, please feel free to have a look on gumtree>
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1026756483
midasnut

Re: My Gold on gum tree

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 pm

It looks to be a tidy little Midas that it a shame you have to sell it
b1zbaz

Postby midasnut » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 pm

Not an easy decision. but the daughter's now bigger than the wife so to avoid fights over who'll go in the back the car must go.
midasnut

Postby Alan D. » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:26 am

Ah, that's your problem, too many seats!

What about a single seater to stop all of the fighting!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 am

I have 2 kids (10 and 14), but noone wants to go with me. I took my wife for a recent tour in the area, but she complained about the harsh ride. That's funny because it's now softer sprung and quieter than it was before. It seems she is spoiled by the luxury of a modern car. The kids don't like it anymore as well, because ususally I drive to car meetings (mini, classic, race etc.) and they find it pretty boring. No, sitting the whole day indoors with an Ipod is exciting!
So usually I am driving alone nowadays which is fine with me. Maybe you should look into the future and ask yourself if you really need more seats. When they are past 10 years old I am sure they laugh about their dad and his silly car and prefer to spend time with friends (aka facetime).
Hans Efde

Postby midasnut » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Good point Hans, my youngest is 16 and we actually used the car for her school prom a few weeks ago. I must admit that for a lot of the time I end up doing shows on my own. it seems that the kids and their friends think the midas is "cool" and love it, but as you say they'll soon decide they don't want to come with me at all. With an eye on the future a convertable is the way I'm wanting to go.
If I take the plunge now and end up spending six years getting a car sorted (like it has with the mk3) I should be able to enjoy the car when the kids have flown the nest.
midasnut

Postby b1zbaz » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:13 am

I picked my little man up from nursery on Wednesday and the whole nursery emptied when I pulled up and jack cried his eyes out when I tried to get him out and when I finally got him in the house he headed straight for the front door still screaming
b1zbaz

Postby midasnut » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:11 pm

The midas has been sold to a chap from Cardiff who has a mini marcos. He viewed it two weeks ago and drove it home last night. Leaving Bishop Auckland at 11:20pm for a 5 hours + journey home. Sounds like a prime candidate for joining the club.
midasnut

Postby kelvink » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:29 pm

He could have dropped in at Castle Combe on the way back, joined the club and then gone out on the circuit! I hope you gave him details so he can join
kelvink

Postby max midas » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:01 pm

If you still have his details send him my way, I'm in 'the Diff' and could do with another Midas owner to talk to/at. :)
max midas

Next

Return to eBay links