Yellow MK 3 coupe

Please put here eBay items you have for sale, or items you've spotted. Thanks!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Yellow MK 3 coupe

Postby Stuart » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:10 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-Midas-Go ... SS:GB:1120

That's surprised me Alan. I know you keep mentioning the depleting north east group. Has Alberto still got his Bronze?
Stuart

Re: Yellow MK 3 coupe

Postby Alan D. » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:59 pm

H Stuart,

Yes, Alberto has his Bronze, But is not driving it much due to an eyesight problem, that just leaves myself, Dave Angles and Johnny with Midas's on the road in the N.E. Which is one of the reasons I was trying to organize some Midas runs. Over the years we have come across quite a few of our little group, at shows. It pays to advertise! I've heard of a Mk 3 in Cumbria. It was spotted at a Wigton Motor club event. I used to be a member of Wigton M.C in my youth. I used to do 12 car rallies in my Mini with that club. My only claim to fame was getting a placing on their spring trophy rally. I was supposedly faster than a Lotus Cortina on an off road stage, but I suspect they made a mistake with the timing.

But nobody seems interested in using their cars. So far I've only had one reply for the "Queens Way" run. Maybe I've got the wrong car! Some of the other makes ( GTM maybe) seem more active. Mini Marcos's are never seen out in the north, I've only ever seen that one which was at Croft with us.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Stuart » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:10 pm

I'd be out and about in a Midas if my health was better Alan. Talking of rallying I found this thread on TMF really interesting http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/to ... n-project/

and I hear Midas and Mini Macros are sharing a pitch at Stoneleigh next year, which makes an awful lot of sense.
Stuart

Postby kelvink » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:13 pm

i have to say Alan i know where you're coming from. i am still in the process of rebuilding my Midas, and i do get along to a number of Midas events but i would really like to see people out there joining in and taking part too.

tomorrow (sunday) there is an event held by my local mini group, doing a run between Weymouth and Exmouth. there will be near on 100 cars taking part. has i got my Midas on the road there would n bee at least one midas joining them too ;-) there's 2 other midas owners on the route so I'd like to think they might join in it too.

i think we just have to keep part in what we can and just post up photos etc to let people know what they are missing out on

Sent from my Nexus 7 Using ForumTouch for Android
kelvink

Postby Rich » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm afraid work gets in the way for me much of the time as I end up working most weekends. That and the car being in bits doesn't help either.
Rich

Postby manifold » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:58 am

Mines having a a few months off too. Not lost interest, just having some time out due to other commitments and priorities. Put the rear axle back on though a couple of weeks ago.....so it's a step forward.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Stuart » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Sold already?
Stuart

Postby Alan D. » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Sold to a gentleman from Edinburgh, who already owns a Mk 4 Mini Marcos and I think a 3 liter Marcos. The car should now be in Edinburgh.

Alan
Alan D.

Return to eBay links