midas on e/bay

Please put here eBay items you have for sale, or items you've spotted. Thanks!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: midas on e/bay

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sat May 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Described as "Mini Marcos style". Mini Marcos and style are two terms you don't often hear together! :lol:
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby rallyjon » Sat May 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Any ideas what the value of this one would be worth? quite interested in having a bid on it,but i suppose i best be under no illusion it might need subrframes to start off with??
rallyjon

Postby kelvink » Sun May 25, 2014 8:44 am

What ever someone is willing to pay for it. Prices have been all over the place recently and in my opinion these cars are the best value for money.

You should look at it as a rebuild really. The justification you can't go too far wrong with is that if you look at it as buying a kit with a donor car already cut and trial built you can't go too far wrong. You wouldn't get much change out of between 3 and 5 grand for all the parts were you to be buying a new cheap kit from a manufacturer especially including a donor car too. Then you need to consider replacing all the parts in just the same way as you would with a new build. At the end of the day you can have what is effectively a new Kit Car only without the hassle of registering it and knowing that all the parts do actually fit too.

You can spend a few hundred or several thousand. The beauty of kit cars is that you build and spend what you want on them, they are your car you build how you want it to suit you in every way.

I honestly don't think you can go far wrong with a Midas of any kind. Hmmm that sounds not too dissimilar to something a top F1 car designer once said.....
kelvink

Postby Stuart » Sun May 25, 2014 9:05 am

bronze mk2 0182 p01[1].JPG
bronze mk2 0182 p01[1].JPG (7.35 MiB) Viewed 4476 times
Stuart

Previous

Return to eBay links