Interesting new convertible

Please put here eBay items you have for sale, or items you've spotted. Thanks!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Interesting new convertible

Postby All That Glisters » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:05 pm

So that's how you spell 'MIDAS' in braille.
All That Glisters

Postby ACourtney » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:39 am

It look like it sold for £820.99. Did it go to anyone on the Forum?

That is not too bad a price for a car that has probably been unused for sixteen years, or so. From the photobucket photos it appeared to be pretty complete too. It had no carpet and the dashboard top wasn't on properly, so there may have been some tinkering done under there, but otherwise it looked like it was parked up and then just had the battery removed. That is more, or less, what the classic car community call a barn find: a car that has been parked up and left untouched. And in the classic car world such barn finds tend to fetch better money than tatty road going examples. I suppose that is because they are generally more original and therefore make a better basis for restorations.

Did anyone see what the Robin Hood went for? I didn't put a watch on that. It didn't appear to have any ID so anyone taking that on would probably be looking at having to get it IVA tested.
ACourtney

Postby Stuart » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:05 am

Stuart

Postby kelvink » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Here's another barnfind only it's of the 'classic' kit car type one day perhaps Midas may reach these heady heights perhaps more as they are rarer or at least less were made. A very rare as new unfinished kit. (I can think of a few Midas like that)

http://jalopnik.com/would-you-pay-ca-10 ... 1687463825

I do know where there's one of only two Falcons ever made in a barn, it's a very pretty car indeed. It's alongside my very rare Zebra Mk2b Midas ;)
kelvink

Previous

Return to eBay links