RWD R1 Midas MK2

Please put here eBay items you have for sale, or items you've spotted. Thanks!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

RWD R1 Midas MK2

Postby Stuart » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:34 pm

Mini_Midas_Bronze_mkIc.jpg
Mini_Midas_Bronze_mkIc.jpg (74.4 KiB) Viewed 9999 times

http://dreamofcarbs.com/track-day-1980- ... bronze-mki
Stuart

Re: RWD R1 Midas MK2

Postby l_jonez » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:41 pm

My God that would shift!
l_jonez

Postby Stuart » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:46 pm

l_jonez wrote:My God that would shift!

Probably only any good as a sprint car. Your car should be just perfect in comparison.
Stuart

Postby benofbrum » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:25 am

not much weight on the front wheels. Methinks you would need quick reflexes to drive it fast. Maybe I am just getting old.
benofbrum

Postby Geoff Butcher » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:00 pm

He's made an excellent job of spoiling a perfectly good Midas :roll:
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby billybob » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:34 pm

I'd say he;s made an excellent job of making something that is incredibly scary, all good in my book! Are there any more/better pictures?

I'd love to see this kind of car leaving the chavvy corsas/clios/206's for dead
billybob

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:02 am

I'd love to see more of this car, f.e. a video and lots of pics. It's smoking hot. I wouldn't use a bike engine, but f.e. the drivetrain of the new Twingo. Such a conversion will make it a mini supercar. I don't have the skills, money or place to do, but once it's done it will clear the way for other people to attempt.
Hans Efde

Postby kelvink » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:13 pm

Hans Efde wrote:I'd love to see more of this car, f.e. a video and lots of pics. It's smoking hot. I wouldn't use a bike engine, but f.e. the drivetrain of the new Twingo. Such a conversion will make it a mini supercar. I don't have the skills, money or place to do, but once it's done it will clear the way for other people to attempt.

I've also wondered about popping an engine in the back amidships but in driving the Midas I've found that it handles superbly and as has been said many years ago by a rather famous top car designer engineer. 'You can't do better than a Midas'. The Twingo is interesting (it's the same car as the Smart For Four) with the engine in the back but what I think is more interesting about it is it's low profile sitting under the floor of the rear boot. Modern cars are however very much bigger than their predecessors not least of all in the height department, however popping the Twingo engine into the front of a Midas might actually make a very interesting proposition as the handling would be very little affected as weight distribution would remain much the same with the bonus of the COG probably being a tad lower than the tall A Series engine. Mind you, one look at a modern engine in comparison to an old A Series, I know which I'd sooner tinker with.

Bike engines well you love them or hate them really and personally I'd sooner stick with a reverse gear and a car that is fine to drive in traffic as well as on the track, even though I love driving hard on race circuits.
kelvink

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:06 pm

You are forgetting this famous top car designer engineer had slightly modified his Bronze:
when he said he couldn't do better than a Midas.
Hans Efde

Postby Geoff Butcher » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Did it actually ever get used, and where is it now?
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Next

Return to eBay links