998cc Engine (No Gearbox)

We all like a bargain now and again, so if you have anything kicking around that you don't want, this is the place to be. Find yourself a freebie in here!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

998cc Engine (No Gearbox)

Postby MrBounce » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:49 am

After 3 attempts to sell it on Ebay and being let down by 3 different idiots, this needs to go to a new home and I am not bothered if I get nothing for it. If you think it's worth more than nothing, don't give me anything, make a donation to Diabetes UK.

It's a small-capacity Mini engine and the crank is marked 12A1451 which denotes a 998cc A-series lump. There is no engine number on it. What you will get is the block, crank, pistons, head, rocker cover, timing cover and dipstick. You also get an old set of plugs that were in it and the countless years of grime that have built up on the engine :D

Don't expect an engine you can just bolt on to a gearbox and run as although the crank turns freely the engine had been standing for several years and the oil that came out of resembled lumpy molasses. It is likely to need a rebuild, unless of course you're feeling REALLY brave (or silly) :lol:

You need to be able to collect from central Ipswich, Suffolk. No couriers, no delivery, no I am not going to take it to a specific show for you. Ideally I want it gone as soon as possible. I will even provide you with a couple of pics!

MrBounce

Re: 998cc Engine (No Gearbox)

Postby MrBounce » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Anyone want this? Otherwise it's being weighed in next time I go to the scrappy. :twisted:
MrBounce

Postby MrBounce » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Gonna try once more on ebay - a 3 day auction then it gets weighed in as I can't seem to give it away. :lol:
MrBounce

Postby MrBounce » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Someone bought it! Glad to see it's going to a good home :)
MrBounce

Return to Freebies