Free Midas Bronze!!!

We all like a bargain now and again, so if you have anything kicking around that you don't want, this is the place to be. Find yourself a freebie in here!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Free Midas Bronze!!!

Postby Geoff Hughes » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:28 pm

My beloved MK 2 Midas is being offered free to a good home. The car is a 1982 Bronze (chassis number DO 20120) and was originally registered as a Midas on a 'Y' registration plate. The car is completely stripped and partially rubbed down for a respray. The body is in excellent condition, but the bonnet has quite a lot of crazing and will need further work to restore It. The car comes complete with Steve Pearce front and rear panels (courtesy of Stuart) which have not yet been fitted. The glass is all available, including 2 windscreens and a heated rear glass (the gas struts will need replacing on this).

The car has a lovely 1275 A series engine (8.8:1 Compression Ratio) which has just been fitted with new rings and bearings. It has an unused unleaded MG Metro head provided by Charlie Dodd and is fitted with a Piper HR 270 camshaft. There is also a MG Metro camshaft and new matching oil pump should you wish to fit them. The card is a HIF44 on a minispares water-cooled manifold and the car has a mild steel LCB exhaust manifold and a full stainless steel exhaust. The gearbox is fitted with a 3.1 final drive, correct speedo drive for the MG Metro speedo and a new Quikshift gear change. All that is missing from the engine and gearbox is a suitable distributor or electronic ignition system.

The front subframe is in excellent condition and an unused Charlie Dodd rear beam is included. Front hubs are standard 8.4 inch mini and refurbished calipers are fitted together with new discs. Rear hubs are fitted with 1275 GT extended drums. An unused MK2 steering rack is also included.

All the lights (plus a few spares) are included including new headlights and rear fogs. All the trim is available including the door mirrors. Wiring looms, radiator, heater, instrument panel and all the other bits and pieces are all included including many spares such as starter motors, alternators. water pumps etc.

The carpets are in poor condition and need to be replaced. Similarly, the original Cobra seats are quite tatty and should be relpaced. No wheels and tyres are available.

All that is required to complete this car is a lot of time and effort, some wheels and tyres, a pair of Inner CV joints, a suitable distributor and some new gas struts for the rear glass. However, my problem is that I am moving to Belgium within the next few weeks and I can't take the car with me. For this reason I am offering the car COMPLETELY FREE to anyone who is prepared to take the complete package very quickly (preferably next weekend!!.) Unfortunately, I simply don't have time to sell of the components individually and I would much prefer that the car was put back on the road by a proud new owner.

To collect the car you will need a car trailer (bear in mind the engine, suframe or beam axle are not fitted) and a van big enough to carry all the boxes of compoments.

If you like a challenge, this is a chance of a lifetime.

Geoff
Geoff Hughes

Re: Free Midas Bronze!!!

Postby Rich » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:36 pm

That's a really generous offer Geoff, if I had the space I'd pull your arm off.

Whereabouts in the world are you?

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby Geoff Hughes » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:24 pm

Sorry Rich, I should have mentioned that the car is in Lincoln.

Geoff
Geoff Hughes

Postby Stuart » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:02 pm

I've emailed you Geoff.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart

Postby fiat 14 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:12 pm

hi is the car still there .very keen only live in scunthorpe :D
fiat 14

Postby Stuart » Fri May 15, 2009 2:42 pm

No it's gone west. :)
Stuart

Postby johnonthetyne » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:06 pm

if anyone else has midas thet want rid of for free ,just lets know, would be goin to good home......worth a try eh?
johnonthetyne

Postby skylinegts33t » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:54 am

I will have a MK2 body going for free soon
skylinegts33t

Postby johnonthetyne » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:18 am

hi there, do you have panels such as doors,bonnet?also do you have the v5 for the mk2?......johnb
johnonthetyne

Postby johnonthetyne » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:42 am

pm sent
johnonthetyne

Next

Return to Freebies